Chapter 3: Meeting tHeIM, the wise young Clouds of Gusu Lan Part 1

As the sun began to slightly set its radiance on the world itself, Guangshan and his attendances arrived by wooden boats at Caiyi Town, a local bustling settlement just below Cloud Recesses, Gusu. Guangshan walked off the boat and again with his fan, he flared it open and fanned his face elegantly. He inhaled in the air and smelled the fresh picked pipa (loquats) fruits being sold by a young lady who had two loose buns like hair styled on her head.

"I have not been here in ages and they have even more beautiful women than ever. If I had known Gusu had such beauties, I would have traveled here every day." Guangshan smiled and stretched his arms a bit, letting out a large yawn.

"Uh...Jin furen had requested you to visit Gusu. I assume...Cloud Recesses?" An elder began while Guangshan had almost forgotten to visit his goal destination in place of his wife and son.

"Oh...yes," The Jin leader remembered. "How could I forget?" He went on to ask and after patting his clothing for loose wooden dust, the group made their way to Cloud Recesses located on the remote mountains above Gusu city.

Upon arriving at Cloud Recesses, the long yet beautiful set of light grey colored stone stairs with small vines, and bits of green moss caught all of their attention. The small yet clear waterfall onto the right side of the stairs made Guangshan and his attendances stood in awe, naturally taking in the simple yet relaxing sound of splashing water.

"Excuse me, elders, is there anything I may help you with?"

Lan Huan, eldest son of Lan Qingheng and the late Xiao He, older brother of Lan Zhan, older nephew of Lan Qiren, direct cousin of Jin Zhuqin and stepcousin to Jin Zixuan. He is currently 11 years old. He took interest in the white Jaded dizi or flute and began training with it a few years back. Known to be diligent in his studies as a small disciple (lol) in the Gusu Lan sect and is seen to be kind, compassionate and considerate of those around him. At a young age, he chooses his words carefully and personally studies poetry when he is alone. He loves his younger brother very much and would often be his younger brother's voice when Zhan does not want to speak or give opinions.

Guangshan and his men realized the voice to have come from behind them, then turned around to see the young Lan Huan standing on the step of stairs with a miniature version of his white jaded dizi in his left hand. His ribbon tails fluttered in the wind while his back length hair flailed delicately; even Guangshan's Little Zhuqin's hair was not that long yet. Noticing the vermillion mark on Guangshan's forehead, Huan's face did not go dead nor did he feel extremely overwhelmed for perhaps disrespecting a direct disciple of the Lanling Jin Sect. The young lad simply placed his left hand over his right hand. He placed his hands in front of his chest then with a gentle smile, he bowed his head in respect to the late afternoon visitors.

"Excuse my rudeness for not recognizing the elders of Lanling Jin. Is there anything I may help you with?" Huan kindly asked as his gaze met with Guangshan's. "Actually, why are they here so late? It's almost evening." He quietly thought to himself while keeping a still smile.