Chapter 6: Tongxin (Childs Innocence) Part 1

Little Zhan and Huan unfortunately did not make it on time to inform their elders about the tense situation that was happening back at Jinxing Hall that early afternoon. Instead, both siblings simply got lost and ended up circling back to Little Zhuqin and Zixuan's chamber that was a shared side by side palace located near the main hall where the elders were by. Little Zhan looked up at the title of the Jin siblings chamber name and slowly squinted his eyes, remembering just what he looked like last night in Little Zhuqin's garments (girl clothes...lol).

Seeing that his little brother was looking up at the Hall name, Huan also looked up and read the title with a soft voice.

"...Xuanzhu...Tang (Brilliant vermillion Hall)?" Huan read. "I was not able to pay proper attention last night, but what an elegant name."

The hall itself was not as important but now that he was able to see the name of Little Zhuqin and Zixuan's shared chamber room, Huan could totally relate the name of the room to their cousin's bright and optimistic personality...plus the rumor of Zixuan being the male princess of Lanling (lol).

The two stood outside the main entrance of the shared chamber and slightly wandered their heads around to make sure their aunty Yunlin or anyone else was not around. They...were probably really lost now. Both siblings could wander around and hide behind thick bushes or huge stones to find their elders (who were just in the next building; main hall), but Little Zhan came up with a simple solution.

"Brother...let's just sit and wait." He said.

The elder brother knew his younger brother's plan that if they stayed in one spot and stopped wandering around, the elders would eventually find them. And so Huan simply agreed to Little Zhan's suggestion. Huan simply stood and placed his hands behind his back, Little Zhan sighed then squatted down in a sitting position. The siblings stared into the now clear sky above them and had one thought in mind; Aunt Yunlin.

"...Brother," Little Zhan began.

"Mm?"

"...Do you think...we should actually go look for the elders?" Little Zhan proceeded to ask.

Huan knew his younger brother's good intentions at the moment. He understood that Little Zhan probably changed his mind and wanted to look around for their elder because the maid who was with Aunty Yunin was in trouble. Huan was even the one who suggested that they go find help as it was only natural because of their children like nature. However, the elder Lan brother only sighed and modestly shook his head while Little Zhan looked at his brother.

"Yes, we should look for the elders...but what use will it do? That lady admitted all the wrong things she did herself. We both heard it." Huan started.

"Mm, we did."

Huan sighed again.

"To think that she even tried to poison our cousin's food for the last three years."

"...And she did it all for our own aunt." Little Zhan added.

At the moment, Huan began to have vivid images of aunty Yunlin, and her icy cold attitude towards the female attendant, who turned out to be a power-thirsty spy from the Qishan Wen Sect. Being the intelligent yet kind lad he was, Huan began to feel confused as to who he should feel sympathy or even empathize with; the Qishan Wen slave who came into Lanling Jin as a spy or their Aunty Yunlin who has killed in the past and is now being trapped in her own insanity.

"Brother, should we feel guilty for leaving that lady's fate up to herself?" Little Zhan asked and stood up from his squatting position.

"No, we should and must not feel guilty for anything at this point. We can only try to understand what that spy from Qishan Wen was thinking. We will not feel guilty for anyone who already had bad intentions from the beginning." Huan explained.

MDZS: Still Lament PrologueOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara