Chapter 13: Shi Yishi (It is momentary)

...Three months later...

"Yijing san nian le (It's already three years)?!  Zenme kuai a (How can that be so soon)?"

Little Zhuqin, now nine-years-old, was looking in the table mirror as she properly fixed her bangs to make sure her vermillion dot on the center of her forehead was still visible.  She gradually packed her belongings, and neatly folded her Yunmeng Jiang disciple attire into a neat pile, then stacked it on top of her other few sets of clothings.  The young girl folded her purple blanket into a neat bundle and organized her study books, making sure the books on her study table was organized as well.  She cleaned her room of any dust she could find and let out a contented sigh to see everything so orderly clean.  With one last glance out her window, Little Zhuqin knew she was going to miss the same old scenery she saw every day; lush green leaves with silk pink lotus flowers floating amongst the water.  From the distance was Wei Ying's window and they would often greet each other first thing in the morning but from that moment on, there was going to be no more of that.

Other then missing the fact that she will not be able to greet Wei Ying anymore, Little Zhuqin was also going to miss her personal space.  She studied in that room, played music, danced, sang and did everything an innocent child could do as a room was also like a smaller home within a family home (lol). 

With that thought in mind, she puckered her lips and puffed up her cheeks.

"Bu (No)," The child encouraged herself.  "I am not leaving forever!  I can always come back!  Even if my room is used as a guest room for others or a storage room, I can always back to visit (◕▿◕✿)!" 

From outside her room, Wei Ying was leaned up against the wall besides the door and only giggled when he heard the girl talking to herself, "Wai, ni shuo shenme (Hey, what are you saying)?"

"Meishenme (Nothing) (๑>ᴗ<๑)!" Little Zhuqin replied as she let out a breath like giggle.

Then the Wei youngster sighed with his lips puckered, "Mm, yijing san nian bei (Yep, it has already been three years)...Zhen rang ren shiwang bei (It is really a disappointment) (ʘᗩʘ')."

Jiang Cheng was standing a foot away from the door with his arms crossed, "...San nian...zheme kuai (Three years...so soon) ('д`)."

The two boys let out a distressed sigh.

Hearing them, the young Jin maiden cheerfully encouraged them, "Ei, nimen liangge bie dangxin a (Hey, do not worry you two)!  I will come back to visit.  So don't be so depressing, hao bu hao ma (Ok) (˶◕‿◕˶✿)?"

"Zhe zenme keneng bei (How is that going to be possible) ( ̄□ ̄;)?  Easy for you to say, but even we are already starting to miss you," Wei Ying said, his tone of voice obviously sounding quite disappointed.

She fixed her brown Lanling belt, just as Jiang Cheng's shining silver-purple bell jingled lightly and Wei Ying's red ribbon elegantly flowed along with her body movements.  The young girl fixed her clothes of any wrinkles she had and just before opening the door, a white ribbon from her small study room caught her attention.

White ribbon...

            ...Little Zhuqin's Gusu forehead ribbon!

            "Oh yes, I almost forgot about this (⊙ᗜ⊙)!" The young girl chuckled. 

            It was never mentioned as her stay in Yunmeng had gone by so fast but although Little Zhuqin did not wear her forehead ribbon as she 'promised' Little Zhan, the young girl certainly kept her Gusu forehead ribbon with her all those years.  If anything, she kept her forehead ribbon right next to her whenever she studied the ethics of the cultivation world.  Perhaps she wore her forehead ribbon from time to time, but the Jiang family seldom saw her wear it.