Chapter 6: Tongxin (Childs Innocence) Part 4

When the trio entered Xuanzhu Hall, Little Zhuqin openly shared a few things of hers in the room and informed the young Lan cousins that the room next to hers belonged to Zixuan.  As mentioned, it was a side by side chamber that was quite magnificent for children.  Since he did not get a thorough chance to be in the room last night, Huan seemed to be taking in the fantasizing things in the room, especially with her guqin that was designed with golden swirls of clouds and peonies. The instrument was resting on the long table placed directly in front of the large white peony designed window. 

            Little Zhan though...was obviously unfazed and remained silent.

            "What is wrong?" Little Zhuqin questioned with quite the grin.  "Feeling too full to move?"

            Of course, Little Zhan was not experiencing an after dinner effect where the food was too good to want to stay in one place and do nothing.  He just simply did not want to move because...he was already quite familiar with everything since he DID sleep in Little Zhuqin's room last night (lol). 

            "No," Little Zhan replied. 

            Huan had then remembered that his younger brother did not want to move around because...he already knew about Little Zhuqin's room.  How did he know about Little Zhuqin's room?  It was only obvious (lol).

            "Oh that is right...Zhan had to dress up as A Qin and sleep in here last night," Huan thought and without noticing it, he had slipped out a small chuckle.

            "What are you laughing at?" Little Zhuqin asked.

            "Ahem," Huan cleared his throat and elegantly fixed his sleeves.  "Oh, nothing."

            But Little Zhan knew.

            The only thing his elder brother would laugh at was...when Little Zhan dressed up as Little Zhuqin for the night.  Of course, the laughable memories of him being in girls clothes was obviously still sketched into Huan's heart (lol).

            "Xiongzhang (Brother), are you still going to laugh at me in her clothes?" Little Zhan bluntly asked, forgetting that he was not allowed to let Little Zhuqin know they were in her room.

            "Her clothes?  Whose clothes?" Huan questioned and quickly walked over to his younger brother.

            "Her,"

            Little Zhan was just being honest and he was about to point his finger up at Little Zhuqin, but Huan quickly grabbed onto his hand then brought it down.  Huan shook his head at Little Zhan and mentally asked if the young lad had forgotten what the Lan family was there to do.  Heck, Huan had thought Little Zhuqin may find them strange if she found them or Little Zhan to be sleeping in her room (lol).

            Little Zhuqin was quietly observing from the near distance and from what she understood...Little Zhan was in her clothes?

            "...You were in wear my clothes?" She asked.  "When?"

            "Aha, what do you mean?  Zhan does not wear girl clothes so why would he wear your clothes?" Huan nervously questioned.

            "But he was about to," "Nothing!  Nothing...he was going to point at nothing." Huan interrupted Little Zhuqin. 

            The young girl was obviously not convinced.  At least...she did not SHOW that she was (lol).

          "Ni men pie wo (You guys are lying to me).  Wo bu xiangxin (I do not believe you)." She puckered her lips.