Side Story 2: Different hearts & Dilly dallying

After Lanling Jin's carriage was sure to have trotted away in the distance to Yunmeng, Gusu Lan's carriage patiently made their way to the main house to properly solve the situation of Yunlin.  From the childish yet entertaining quarrel earlier with his son Little Zhan, Qingheng thought hard about his magnificent niece from the side of the Lanling Jin Sect; Little Zhuqin.  Even a young girl like her was able stir the troubled feelings inside his youngest son and moved the wise words of his eldest son.  However the most important detail he made was the fact that his niece did not resemble Yunlin one single bit...not in looks or in personality. 

            "Shan di, it has only been quite long since we last saw her.  She is already such a fine young lady now." Qingheng proudly said.

                The last time Qingheng and Qiren met their little niece was a year ago when they first intervened the wicked attempts of their younger sister Yunlin.  Little Zhuqin was five years old then and could not properly distinguish between what motherly love even was.  

            "You are too courteous Qing neixiong.  My little Qin er is only six years old; there is no way she is yet a fine young lady." Guangshan said although he clearly had the smile of knowing what Qingheng said to be correct. 

            "Eii (Hey), if our beautiful niece was not a young lady yet, how was she able to defy all rules of being a young lady and stir all kinds of emotions from our Zhan er." Qiren stated with a small laugh.

            "What uncle said is right.  Even Zhan admitted to all of us that he is now a man.  That is not something we hear every day." Huan added and could not help but gently laugh at his little brother's pure honesty.

            "Da gong zi (Elder young master), you are too kind." Guangshan said while he lightly scratched his head.

            "Yes I am now a man." Little Zhan stated with the same stoic facial expression.

            His facial appearance was plain, but Huan could not help and laughed at his younger brother's tone of voice that sounded like a little boy...yet an adult man...want to be.

            "Jokes aside," "This is no joke father.  I am now a man." Little Zhan again uttered and felt his forehead ribbon to have his father acknowledge the manliness in the little boy himself.

             Seeing his younger son's insistence on being a little man at his age, Qingheng simply patted his son on his head.

            "Hao hao hao (Ok, ok).  Bu guo na (However) until you find someone to give that forehead ribbon to, you are still a young boy." Qingheng finalized and placed his index finger over his son's mouth, mentally silencing him.

            "Bo zhi habshi nanzhi/wo shi haishi nanzi (I am still a man)." Little Zhan mumbled quietly to himself as he tugged on his elder brother's sleeve.

            "Xiao Lan er gong zi (Little young master Lan) is really fun, Qing neixiong," Guangshan laughed while he lightly slapped his lap.

            "Yes yes," Qingheng replied.

            However important his son was though, even Qingheng and Qiren themselves wanted to know more about Little Zhuqin.

            "Anyways Shan di, while we did not come out directly to greet jiusao (sister-in-law) and your daughter, Qiren and I had already found such big differences in your daughter and our younger sister." Qingheng began.

            "Oh shi ma (Oh is that so)?" asked Guangshan who was now interested in what his brother-in-law had to say about his precious Little Zhuqin.