Chapter 4: Meeting tHeIM, the mischievous Lotuses of Yunmeng Jiang Part 2

As the wooden boat arrived to the main big dock of Yunmeng, Little Zhuqin shook off Zixuan's hand and readily jumped herself from the front seat of the boat to the wooden boards of the pier.

"Wo dao la (I have arrived)!" Little Zhuqin loudly said and stretched her arms, while she gave a slight yawn to the (if she was honest) tiring trip.

Her loud voice was enough to softly penetrate the ears of nearby villagers and they turned their attention to Little Zhuqin. She cheerfully bowed her apologetic self towards them with a smile that was able to even melt some people, admiring the beautiful and happy child from the Lanling Jin sect. The boatman tied the rope to the main dock and helped Baoqi off the boat followed by Zixuan. Little Zhuqin herself wandered off into the main street of Yunmeng and walked up to a young lady selling what looked like fresh picked Lotus seed heads with the stem still attached to the base.

"Wa, ayi, na shi shenma ne (Wow, aunty what are those)?" She asked and squatted down in front of them.

"Xiao guniang, zhe shi na, shi lianpeng (Little young miss, these right here are lotus seed heads). Would you like to try some?" The young lady questioned with a generous smile and handed her a bundle of ten lotus seed heads tied together.

Knowing herself to be a first time visitor and perhaps a little young lady with no money, Little Zhuqin thought she could accept it but since the lady probably worked hard for it, the young girl did not want to take things for free without properly paying.

"Ayi, wo meiyou qian (Aunty, I do not have money). Also, you worked so hard for it. Would it be polite for me to take it?" Little Zhuqin humbly asked.

"Look at you, such polite manners and still not going to accept what this aunty gives you? If I were you, just take it. It would be more impolite to not take things that are given to you." The lady kindly argued back, still holding up the bundle of lotus seed heads.

"They are really good," The kind lady encouraged.

Of course, taking offered things would not be considered as stealing and the lady seemed generous...so Little Zhuqin happily complied. She took the bundle of lotus seed heads and bowed her head, thanking the kind aunty who was willing to share a piece of joy with an outsider. The young girl turned around and walked towards the direction of her brother and mother when two young boys came running her way.

One of the child, dressed in black and red, grabbed hold onto the bundle of lotus seed heads then lightly tugged it away.

"Wei (Hey)! What do you think you're doing?!"

Jiang Cheng, second son to Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan, younger brother of Jiang Yanli and Wei Ying. He is currently eight years old and often follows Wei Ying around ever since he was adopted into the Jiang family after losing his parents in Yiling. Cheng is seen to be a hard worker at such a young age and strives to prove his abilities to his parents, especially his father. He takes full pride as being a direct disciple of Yunmeng Jiang and Cheng likes to stay out of trouble.

"Picking lotus seed heads!"

            Wei Ying, only son of Wei Changze and Cangse-Sanren, adopted son of Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan, adopted brother to Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng. He is nine years old and has an immense case of cynophobia (fear of dogs). He was originally a citizen from Yiling but after losing his parents to a supposed failed 'night hunt,' Ying had to fight with dogs for food on the streets of Yiling, thus creating his fear of dogs and in turn, going to Yunmeng Jiang with Jiang Fengmian as his adopted son. Often seen as mischevious, but friendly and often times, cheerful.