Introduced Characters so Far Two

Lan Huan (Huan er)

(MAIN) He is the eldest son of Lan Qingheng and Xiao He, older brother to Lan Zhan, nephew to Lan Qiren, and cousin to Jin Zhuqin and Zixuan. He is currently 11-years-old and is studying as a young disciple under his uncle Qiren. He has yet to gain a cultivation sword but is studying how to work his skills with his Jaded flute. Seen to be kind, compassionate and considerate of others, and disregards any ones social status. He tends to be careful with his words and although he may not be seen doing this often, he studies a bit of poetry when he is alone. He loves Lan Zhan and often is Zhan's voice when his little brother doesn't want to talk. He also tends to defend his brother's cold like personality and often reminds Lan Zhan of mannerism.

Lan Zhan (Zhan er)

(MAIN) He is the second son of Lan Qingheng and Xiao He, younger brother of Lan Huan, nephew of Lan Qiren and cousin to Jin Zhuqin and Zixuan. He is currently eight-years-old. He likes to follow his elder brother around whether it is inside or outside Cloud Recesses. He found interest in the guqin and trained with it two years ago; became skilled within a year. He is overprotective of his forehead ribbon after being told of its importance to Gusu Lan. He often does have Huan speak up for him but Zhan recently tries to talk himself, and not rely on others. As seen, he sometimes can be suddenly blunt but always correct or often times, quiet and assumed to be a cold person.

Lan Qingheng

(MINOR) He is the current leader of the Gusu Lan sect, the father of Lan Huan and Zhan, husband to deceased wife Xiao He, older brother of Lan Qiren and Lan Yunlin, older brother-in-law of Jin Guangshan and uncle to Jin Zhuqin and Zixuan. He fell in love with Xiao He who had killed a fellow benefactor of his, but despite the act, Qingheng insisted on marrying her and when he did, he had felt guilty for going against his own clan. He eventually imprisoned Xiao He in Long Dan Xiao Zhu (Gentian Temple) and slept in a separate building next to hers. Known to be a fatherly figure towards his children and a well respected leader.

Lan Qiren

(MINOR) Younger brother of Lan Qingheng, older brother of Lan Yunlin and uncle to Lan Huan, Zhan, Jin Zhuqin and Zixuan. He is known to be strict in discipline teaching and strict in discipline punishment but is actually quite a loving and doting uncle. He is proud of the three thousand rules that are carved on the stone wall by the main entrance. Qiren is the current youngest and only instructor in Cloud Recesses.

Xiao He

(NEW MINOR MINOR) Deceased. She was the late wife of Lan Qingheng, mother to Lan Huan and Zhan, aunt to Jin Zhuqin and Zixuan. Little is known about her but she killed a fellow benefactor of Qingheng's, and somehow earned his love, marrying him. She was unfortunately locked with chains in a temple in Cloud Recesses and only shared one bed with Qingheng two times;...that was probably how Lan Huan and Lan Zhan made their way into Cloud Recesses...(lol). It is unknown whether she had mutual feelings with Qingheng. She loved to eat Lotus seed heads...especially the ones with the stems still attached to the head.

Jin Guangmeng

(NEW MINOR MINOR) He was the elder brother of Jin Guangshan and was betrothed to Lan Yunlin during their early youths. He was next in line after his father to be the leader of the Lanling Jin Sect but after Yunlin married Guangshan, Guangmeng experienced problems with the birth of Jin Zhuqin; the Jin family believing Zhuqin to be his daughter but Guangmeng denied the rumors. Later he fell into several unintentional conflicts with his younger brother Guangshan and left the Jin sect, becoming a lone cultivator for a year or two. His assassination was carried out by Yunlin and witnessed by her two elder brothers and Guangshan, Yunlin's then husband.