Side Story 4: FaMily intENtion

After Guangshan's attendants were gone from the inside the main hall, the Jin leader himself felt afraid to be in the same big room with his wife. However, without showing too much weakness in front of his mistress, Guangshan again flared his fan open and placed the leaf (the top part of a folding fan) on his mouth.

"Uh...what is it Wife?" Guangshan asked.

The Jin mistress knew what she wanted to ask; she was simply 'curious' about the flowers from earlier when Guangshan kept annoying Zixuan. The general definition of flowers blooming was...love.

"...Earlier, you said something about 'flowers.' I was wondering...what were those flowers you were talking about?" Baoqi openly questioned, already knowing what Guangshan's 'flowers' meant.

"Uh...nothing," Guangshan immediately lied.

"Nonsense," The mistress replied. "The way I saw you look at the Lan siblings and Qin er was actually quite something."

Guangshan kept his fan covering his mouth and slowly crept his eyes away from Baoqi.

"Speak, what are you thinking about?" The Jin mistress asked calmly.

"Uh...." Guangshan began and folded up his fan. "The thing is...I was actually pointing at the white peonies outside."

Lies (lol).

"I know exactly what you are thinking dear,"

"You...you do?" asked the Jin leader.

For a moment, he felt glad to know that Baoqi knew what he was thinking; 'Love' was possibly 'blooming' between the Lan siblings and their precious Little Zhuqin. However, he also felt scared to know that his wife knew what he was thinking; what if Baoqi had other plans for their daughter, to say, the Jiang boys?

"I do," Baoqi said calmly.

Her smile was so sincere; she would have almost tricked Guangshan into believing that she would agree with what the Jin leader was thinking.

"You...do..." Guangshan quietly said and took one step backward as Baoqi took a step forward.

"You are thinking that the Lan brothers...are potential cultivation partners for Qin er, aren't you?" Baoqi inquired.

"Ah?" The Jin leader spoke.

"Well...I think the Lan brothers could be potential partners, especially the elder son. He has polite manners and he seems to get along well with Qin er," Baoqi encouraged with a smile.

A fake one at least (lol).

"That is true. He even gave me lots of advice for Qin er yesterday."

"Look at you, being told what to do by an intelligent youngster," Baoqi scoffed.

Guangshan just nervously laughed off the statement.

"Then...what about the younger son...uh, Zhan?" Guangshan questioned.

"The younger son? Hmm...he is still young so it is only obvious that he lacks certain manners at that age. He is definitely quite handsome and intelligent as his elder brother but he does not seem to get along with our Qin er," Replied Baoqi.

"That...is true," Guangshan commented.

He had thought that ever since yesterday, the Jin leader had already set the elder Lan brother, Huan, as a future partner for Little Zhuqin. But after witnessing a few 'fun' interactions between Little Zhan and his precious daughter, the Jin leader began to have second thoughts on Huan becoming his future son-in-law (lol).