Side Story 7: Si nian (Four Years)

With the roads expanded, Jin Guangshan and Little Zhuqin arrived home after two hours by carriage. Upon getting out of the carriage, the first person she joyfully greeted was Zixuan. Since the sun was almost at its highest, the Jin leader 'unfortunately' could not stay with his lovely daughter to properly welcome her home since he had to meet with the 'Qinghe Nie sect.' Although his ultimate goal was to marry his young daughter off to Wen Ruohan, Jin Guangshan looked almost hesitant to leave. Before departing, he embraced Little Zhuqin and encouraged her to tell Qin Baoqi and Zixuan about her fun years in Yunmeng.

As the clueless girl cheerfully obeyed and skipped away with her elder brother, Jin Guangshan faked his meeting with the Nie sect. After he left, Qin Baoqi could only suspect her husband.

Qin Yiqi and Qin Zhangyi hastily ran up to the Jin mistress's side.

In a firm and suspicious tone of voice, the mistress ordered, "Qu ba (Go). Follow your clan leader and see what he is up to this time."

As told, the Qin twins quietly followed after the carriage, making sure to be out of their sight. The Jin mistress stood next to Jin Lin Tai's huge entrance and suspiciously waited until her husband and the attendants blended into the crowds in the far distance. Now, Qin Baoqi could only patiently wait until the Qin twins returned with what Jin Guangshan had in mind that time around.

...Wen sect Main Hall...

The Jin leader was inside the Wen sect's home and with only two attendants by his side; he nervously flared his fan open. As if the main branch of the Wen family were the royal members of the emperor, one of their attendants walked into the main hall and loudly announced them all one by one. Upon seeing them come in and taking their own seats, Jin Guangshan properly sat up.

"Jin zong zhu, ni zenme le (What is wrong clan leader)? Nervous now are we?"

Wen Mao, current leader of Qishan Wen sect, and father to Wen Ruohan.

Jin Guangshan cleared his throat and slightly chuckled, "Nervous? How can that be Wen zong zhu? After all what am I here for?"

"Hmph, isn't it obvious? You are here to talk marriage between your precious daughter and me, what else?"

Wen Ruohan, only son to Wen Mao and has two sons; Wen Xu and Wen Chao. It is unknown where his current wife is but she is rumored to be the most beautiful woman in Qishan. He is known to be obsessed with his own power and has a temper that cannot be predicted even by his own father.

"Marriage?" "Huh? What marriage? To who?"

Wen Xu, eldest son to Wen Ruohan and Wen Chao's elder brother. Compared to Wen Chao, Wen Xu has an elegant feature and is better-looking. He is currently 15-years-old.

Wen Chao, second son and younger brother to Wen Xu. In comparison to his elder brother, Wen Chao has a bad temper like his father and is not as good-looking. He is a coward, has no respect for others and has a personal bodyguard named Wen Zhuliu who is rumored to have the ability to melt cultivator's golden core.

Wen Ruohan irritatingly clicked his tongue at his youngest son, "I already said it. I will not be saying it twice."

Wen Chao could only frown in embarrassment as Wen Xu cleared his throat and properly sat up. The Wen leader apologized for his clan member's indecent behavior. The Jin leader could only dismiss the matter. Wen Mao naturally asked how Jin Guangshan was and questioned Little Zhuqin's well-being. Jin Guangshan swallowed his own breath and responded that his daughter was doing fine despite having to deal with Lan Yunlin's death for the last three years. In reality, Little Zhuqin was in Yunmeng for those past three years and the young girl had already forgotten about her deceased mother.