Chapter 7: Chentong (Remorse) Part 4

...At the Prison Tower...

Yunlin called out, "Jin zong zhu."

Guangshan was surprised to hear his second mistress call him with such formality and upon hearing it, he walked into the tower.

"...Can I say something?" The Lan mistress continued.

The Jin leader simply inhaled deeply then took out his leisure fan. As he flared it open, he silently observed his chained up mistress.

"Jin zong zhu," Yunlin called again. "...I would like to have a word..."

"...Shuo ba (Speak)," Guangshan quietly responded.

"...I know that you will not accept my apology...but for all these years, I cannot apologize enough for everything that I have done to hurt you and Jin Guangmeng." The Lan mistress began.

"And Qin er..." The Jin leader hasily added.

"That is correct. But when I realized it, it was too late. I can't go back and bring back the dead. As weak as I am, I cannot bring them back as walking corpses. Even if I did, I would still be a criminal. But now...I am only being haunted..."

"Haunted?" The Jin leader questioned and took a few steps towards Yunlin.

"Yes, haunted....even if I tried to stay alive, I would be haunted by the memories of A Meng...."

Why would Yunlin be haunted by the ghastly memories of her past beloved? Perhaps...the one she loved all along was always Jin Guangmeng...because one did not know, but for all those years, she had been thinking about Jin Guangmeng....his death...his pain...their love they shared together. But she had constantly been haunted by his memories and this caused her to selfishly take her anger on others, spreading her 'love' to Guangshan, whom she was only obsessed with. To say, Yunlin did not wholeheartedly love Guangshan but was obsessed with him instead. She was obsessed enough to kill relentlessly to keep her position...and maintain her sanity that turned into INsanity. When she fell in love with Guangshan in the past, the Lan mistress took advantage of their Jin sibling's brotherhood and turned things around, breaking the family ties.

It was everywhere...and Yunlin could not even remember how she was still alive to relive the haunted memories of the man who loved her most.

"...Obsession..." She began. "My love for you...was perhaps obsession."

Guangshan froze for a minute and fixated his gaze on the shackled mistress.

"You...for all these years," Guangshan began. "...In the end, you can't just say that you were obsessed with me and expect me to believe that your love for my elder brother was the reason Qin er was..."

"I was in love with you, but my guilt for killing A Meng continued to disturb me...and I started to become crazier..." The Lan mistress confusingly explained. "I became crazier...then I became lost..."

The Jin leader hesitated, "I..."

Guangshan let out a frustrated sigh and aggressively closed up his fan then almost aggressively walked out of the prison's entrance door.

"Shan di," Qingheng began with a soft voice.

"Qin er....Qin er is my daughter isn't she? Even my elder brother said she was...but Yunlin..." The Jin leader began, sounding almost agitated. "Yunlin said...she was obsessed with me...and..."