Chapter 4: Meeting tHeIM, the mischievous Lotuses of Yunmeng Jiang Part 3

As the two children went silent, Fengmian smiled to himself and was glad to know his adopted son was getting along well with the young daughter of the Lanling Jin sect. They reached the main street of Yunmeng, where the main dock was. A few girls who were a bit older than Wei Ying ran by and did not fail to make their presense known...and they did not fail to let Little Zhuqin know of Wei Ying's true inner characteristic with girls either.

"Shi Wei Ying a (It's Wei Ying)," One stated.

"Helloooo Wei Ying," Another girl said, sounding almost as if she was unintentionally flirting with the young lad.

"Hey, hey, hey. You girls are looking more beautiful each day." Wei Ying commented and waved at the young girls.

"Who is that young miss by your side? Your girlfriend?"

"Could it be that Jiang zong zhu is planning to betroth you and that young girl together?"

"That's good, really good!"

"What betrothment?" Wei Ying openly asked while Little Zhuqin decided to also chime into the loud conversation.

"He is right, what betrothment?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side.

"What betrothment you both say? Soon we will all be eating good food and our fathers will be drinking good wine because you both will be marrying each other in the future." One girl explained while the others laughed along.

"Ah (What)? When did I ever say...? I don't even know his name yet." Little Zhuqin bluntly pretended.

She clearly knew the boy in front of her to be called Wei Ying, the adopted son of the Jiang family leader. Marriage was another topic, but Little Zhuqin could not deny the fact that Wei Ying himself had an interesting and charismatic personality...despite having extreme fear of dogs.

"You don't want to marry me?" Wei Ying openly asked as the dried straw in his mouth fell out.

"Did I...ever?" Little Zhuqin jokingly argued back.

"Hey, who wants to marry me then?" Wei Ying jokingly asked and looked at the young girls who only giggled endlessly while covering their mouths.

"...Do I not exist?" Fengmian humorously asked himself and patted Little Zhuqin's head then turned his attention to Wei Ying.

"A Ying," He began with a smile, indicating that even Wei Ying needed to lessen his way of speaking in such manners in public.

"Oh (Yes)," Ying obediently replied and having a last laugh at his own joke, he turned his attention to Fengmian and Little Zhuqin.

"Jiang zong zhu, it looks like they are a match made by heaven itself." A nearby Yunmeng elder added.

"Haha, is that so?" Fengmian asked the elder.

"What match made by heaven?" Little Zhuqin questioned.

"Xiao guniang, there is a saying that opposites attract." The elder continued to explain.

"...Are we...opposites?" Wei Ying asked her.

"I don't know...what opposites?" She inquired.

"Da jia kan kan ba (Everyone look), even the match made in heaven is questioning their own intelligence...or is it stupidity?" One girl openly asked with a sassy giggle.

"Haha, well said!" Wei Ying laughed, trying to go along with the joke.

"What was well said? She is saying that we are stupid, you dummy!" Little Zhuqin whispered and could not help but also laugh along with the young boy.