Chapter 3: Meeting tHeIM, the wise young Clouds of Gusu Lan Part 2

It was the early morning of the day after her last attempt to reconcile with her mother with the white peony; Sparks Admist Snow. Unbeknown to Little Zhuqin, her father had gone to Cloud Recesses, Gusu to properly decide her mother's fate. Not thinking about her mother this time around, Little Zhuqin was already up and early, elegantly doing her daily routine as a young lady of the Jin family. With the usual, she properly washed her face by herself and did not depend on Lanling Jin attendants like young ladies did in wealthy families. At six-years-old, she was already or at least, beginning to want to learn how to be independent. At most, perhaps Little Zhuqin was just excited to leave Lanling Jin to a new place for a new adventure.

From three clothes selection she had chosen the night before, Little Zhuqin decided to properly dress herself up in the purple garment, detailed with golden patterns of white peonies and lotus flowers. Five years ago when the Jiang sect had visited the Jin sect to betroth their elder daughter to Zixuan, Little Zhuqin was not present to see the actual engagement; however when they left back to Yunmeng, she noted the light wisteria purple and dark plum garment color. Color was not an actual theme to her life, but she just liked it. Of course, Little Zhuqin could have just worn her casual, already glowing yellow Jin sect garment but because she wanted to try something new, she could not help but choose their purple color that would perhaps catch the attention of Yunmeng Jiang (dress to impress lol).

When Baoqi came into her room, Little Zhuqin had already done her hair in her usual style; One little bun on top of her head with a solid golden rim to hold her bun in place, a small solid pony tail showered like a waterfall from her little bun, her puffed up bangs were parted in the middle to show off her vermillion mark of the Jin family and her usual shoulder length hair was already combed to their silkiest, falling elegantly onto her shoulders.

"Would you look at this Xuan er, your younger sister is so grown up she does not even need an attendant to help her anymore." Baoqi smiled while Zixuan caught up to his mother's side and took a full glance at Little Zhuqin.

"Why are you dressed up in purple?" Zixuan bluntly asked.

"Does it matter?" Little Zhuqin frankly questioned back.

"Ni (You)!" Zixuan started. "It's not like we're going to Yunmeng Jiang to choose someone for you, so you don't have to dress so nice."

"What does it matter though? Besides, it's my first time going out, so it's only natural that I want to look nice too." Little Zhuqin maturely stated and stood from her seat to walk towards the door.

"Hmph," Zixuan crossed his arms. "When going out, we're supposed to wear our clans color and motif to show other clans who we are, and who we represent. But here you are, wearing purple as if you belong to Yunmeng Jiang."

Little Zhuqin herself did not intend to represent another clan through just a solid amethyst color with floral golden designs. In fact if she had wanted to represent another sect, wouldn't she have already tried to cover her vermillion mark to lie about her identity of being a Lanling Jin family member? Also, Little Zhuqin loved the Jin sect dearly and would not put another clan above hers...or would she? All these thoughts were running in her mind while Baoqi...had observed her children's conversation with nothing else but a smile itself.

"Xuan er, could it be that you do not want your sister to wear purple because it represents the color of Yunmeng Jiang?" Baoqi had asked her son while she turned her back towards her children, mentally intending that they were leaving to the main front entrance of Lanling Jin to depart for Yunmeng Jiang.

"Shi (Yes), BECAUSE purple represents Yunmeng Jiang, it is a little upsetting that Qin er would choose that color to wear instead of our golden color of Lanling Jin." Zixuan replied while he and Little Zhuqin followed Baoqi out to the pathways, leading them to the main hall.