Fuh You

"I just wanna' know how you feel,
Want a love that's so proud and real" -Fuh You ~ Paul McCartney

07 June 1968

"I'm glad we're heading home for a few days," Charli said as she stretched her neck "It's always non-stop for both of us!"

"I agree luv," Paul said as they continued driving "Things have been mental, I'm glad we're starting to record again, but things are...different"

They were silent a moment as Paul drove on. They were on their way to his brother Mike's wedding taking place the next day. Charli knew something with John was bothering Paul the last few weeks and decided it was as good a time as any to see what was going on.

"Different? How?" she asked. Paul smirked slightly.

"I don't know...it just doesn't seem the same as it used to," Paul explained.

"John has seemed a bit...odd" Charli prodded.

"Can't get anything by you, can I?" Paul laughed. Charli shook her head.

"I don't know what's going on with him," Paul said as his face soured "I don't think I've tol' ya's everything"

"Go on.." Charli urged "We've got another 2 hours drive before we're in Liverpool"

Paul sighed.

"Right, ya' can't say anything," Paul began "You remember that Yoko bird?"

Charli nodded "Pattie said she was at the opening of Apple Tailoring"

"With him," Paul added "Shortly after we got back from New York, he had her over to record somethin' and they fucked...well, he says they 'made love'"

"Wait...what about Cyn? And Julian?" Charli asked.

"Cyn was in Greece...Jules was staying with an Auntie" Paul explained "And Yoko...has been at all of our recordings for Revolution...sits on the fuckin' amps"

"Is that why you were asking me to come to the studio last Friday?" Charli raised an eyebrow.

"Guilty.." Paul laughed softly "But, I do like having me fiance around."

"Paul, I'm not going if ya' just want to get even with John" Charli admitted, "I don't think what he's doing is right though, I get why you're upset."

"He's changed too, in such a short amount of time," Paul said sadly "I don't like what she's doing to him"

"Okay, we've talked about what's going on in London too much" Charli laughed "Let's talk about something else, excited for Mikey's wedding?"

"Of course!" Paul said happily "Bastard is going ta' give me shite he's gettin' married first"

"Hey, soon enough that'll be us" Charli laughed.

**

After arriving in Liverpool, Charli and Paul took a train to the village of Corrag in North Wales. The wedding would be held at St. Brigid's Parish the next day. Before going to their respective inns, hotels or wherever they had decided to sleep that night, the McCartneys gathered for a family dinner in a local pub.

"Thought our lad here would be the first to marry," Mikey teased "Guess I'm just faster"

"Yeah, that's what yer last girlfriend said!" Paul retorted as a few of Mike's friends laughed, Angela, Mike's bride to be rolled her eyes and laughed as Charli giggled at the antics she'd known for years.

"Paulie!" Auntie Jin scolded "I hardly feel that's an appropriate conversation for dinner!"

"Aw, lay off that lad Jin," Uncle Jack slurred. Jin rolled her eyes and laughed as she was passed another beer, giving up on trying to keep some decorum amongst the family. The table was far from quiet and after a few more drinks, James would most likely start a sing-a-long.