Epilogue: The End

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"~The Beatles - The End

29 June 2006 5.09pm, London

Photos seemed to line every countertop and wall, a visual history of the McCartney's. From Paul and Charli as teenagers in Liverpool to Charli's performance during the opening party of Sgt Pepper. There were photos of the wedding and Chloe's first few days. Photos from touring with Paul's new band, Charli performing lyra, teaching Chloe on a touring bus, lavish parties and recording.

She picked up a photo of Paul and Charli, quite young dancing together. Paul in his leather jacket and Charli in her teddy girl finest.

"Enjoying the view," a voice said behind her.

"Jesus Chloe!" she jumped "You scared me half to death"

"Well, this was my home" Chloe laughed "And I brought you here, you should expect me to be here"

"Mum loves that photo," Chloe explained to the young woman holding it "Grandad found it and gave it to her years ago"

"They're really cute together," the young woman said "I'm a bit terrified to meet them"

"Relax luv," Chloe smiled holding her free hand "You won't be meeting them both, just the more terrifying of me parents tonight"

Chloe fixed her dark hair in a mirror sitting in the front room. There was no doubt who's daughter she was, she had her father's distinctive eyes and her mother's smile and smirk.

"That doesn't make me feel any better," Her blonde companion laughed.

"I'm kidding! Mum is really sweet, she's just apprehensive after my ex," Chloe explained.

"Bloody hell! Why can't I find it when I bloody well need it?" They heard from upstairs.

In the years that had gone by life barely slowed down for Paul and Charli, despite The Beatles break up. Fences had been mended between the lads. Charli and Jenny added more books to the Hawthorne Woods series addressing more mental health issues, Paul and Charli put in yearly work at Christmas land and she continued to teach when she wasn't on tour with her husband. Unfortunately, since the 60s they'd lost John in a senseless murder and George to a senseless disease.

"She's alright that we're dating?" the blonde asked jarring Chloe from her thoughts.

"Of course she is! Don't worry yourself so much, Rachel" Chloe laughed "Both mum and dad accepted me for who I am, they've met boyfriends, girlfriends and my ex-husband...she's been a bit apprehensive since he was a fuckin' bastard and tried taking advantage of me and even Da'"

"You told me about that, he sounded awful," Rachel said sadly.

"Da' was upset when he told some really private stories about our family and stole some..meaningful things from them to sell online," Chloe said angrily "I'm a bit surprised he's still alive after mum tore into him for selling Rocky amongst other things. You have to understand, they've been through a lot...especially mum, she's always a bit reserved about new people after she's been hurt or her family has been hurt"

They were silent a moment.

"You have always been hopeless when it comes to packing" another voice laughed upstairs.

Chloe shook her head and laughed.

"I don't want to talk about the ex anymore," she said "He hurt my parents and me terribly..mum should be down soon, she's leaving tomorrow so of course, she's packing now"