Good Grief

"I want that good grief
The one that heals me
That leaves me clarified by fire
When I'm burned clean" ~ Good Grief - Dessa

15 August 1968 1.17pm

Charli stretched waking up slightly. It was a rainy summer afternoon, it felt like morning. Paul had been recording until around 4.30am and Charli had been out until around 3 with Jenny and Pattie.

Lately, their days didn't start until after the rest of London was having lunch.

She smiled as Paul, still half asleep, pulled her closer to him.

"Mmm..morning luv," he said before kissing her. She felt him growing hard against her.

She laughed softly.

"Somebody's already awake..." she teased as she grabbed him softly. Paul moaned and kissed her deeply.

"Can't help it," he said breaking away "I get to sleep next to you every night, you bloody well turn me on more than any girl ever could"

"What on earth do I do to get you so wound up?" Charli laughed slightly as he kissed her again.

"You don't have to do anything," Paul said in a raspy voice that drove Charli wild as he kissed along her neck. Charli moaned as he trailed kisses over her breasts and down her stomach, he smiled feeling her writhe beneath him.
"What do you need, kitten?" he asked.

"You should know by now, luv" she groaned impatiently. Paul moved so they were face to face.

"I want ta' hear you say it," he said kissing her softly. She ran her fingers through his hair, he closed his eyes enjoying her touch.

"I need you, Paul," she said softly, she knew it drove him wild to hear her say that,

"I love hearing you say that," he smirked slightly before kissing her deeply and eased inside her.

"I know," Charli gasped as he grasped her hand. "And I love how you feel"

This had become their normal routine. Each returning home late most evenings, sleeping in until mid-afternoon and making love before going about their days. Much as they were enjoying the bliss of being engaged and the wedding getting closer, the tensions in the studio had been taking a toll on Paul. Some nights he'd return home so angry or upset he was nearly in tears. With Yoko in the studio, George seemingly not caring, Ringo giving up on keeping the peace, John turning caustic and Paul feeling like no one else cared, the air had been tense, to say the least.

"Fuck, she criticises me playing, me songs, everything" Paul complained as he towel dried his hair "And fuckin' John just goes with it"

"Maybe you lot need a break" Charli suggested, "You're not the lads you used to be...maybe you need to sort that out first?"

"What we NEED is to focus on this album" Paul sighed.

"Alright luv," Charli sighed putting her arms around his neck as his arms naturally made their way around her waist "I know you love recording, but you've been so stressed. Please tell me you're at least taking a break on Saturday for my show?" She ran a hand down his bare chest.

"Of course, wouldn't miss it" He smiled "But if ya' keep doing that you're going ta' be late"

"Bugger...you're right," Charli laughed pulling away from Paul. "Any idea what time you'll be home tonight?"

"Late....we aren't even recording until 7..." Paul said as he put on a shirt.

"Alright, I'll see ya's whenever yer done" Charli said packing her bag with comfortable clothes for rehearsal "Should I have wine at the ready?"