Geyser

"You're my number one
You're the one I want
And you've turned down
Every hand that has beckoned me to come" - Geyser~Mitski  

22 October 1968 10.42am, Venice

Charli sat in bed sketching Paul as he slept. They had been out the previous night at a small club in Venice and she decided to let him sleep a while longer.

She leaned over as quietly as possible to stubbed out her cigarette on the nightstand next to her side of the bed before return to her drawing pad.

"Morning, baby girl" Paul yawned as he woke up.

"Morning yerself," Charli smirked continuing her work.

"What are ya' drawing today?" he asked as he rolled to face her and propped himself up.

"You.." Charli answered. Paul leaned in to see her artwork.

"Even got me good side" Paul smirked.

"Do you have a bad side?" Charli laughed.

"Depends on the day," Paul joked. "Are ya' hungry?"

"A bit," Charli admitted "But we can wait until we go out for the day"

"Nah," Paul said sitting up and putting on a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt he left by the bed "I'll see what the hotel has for a nosh"

"Well, then, I think I'll have a quick shower while you do that" Charli said getting out of bed.

*

"Signore McCartney," a female voice with a heavy Italian accent greeted Paul as he entered the reception of the hotel.

"Good morning, erm.." He tried remembering her name, he had been introduced to the owner and his family when they arrived, but aside from their excursions to the various entertainment Venice had, he and Charli had rarely ventured out of their bedroom and into the hotel itself.

"Valentina," she giggled. "What can I do for you today Signore?"

She leaned over the counter, her shirt was low cut and she was not left wanting for cleavage. She was very pretty with dark hair and olive skin. Had she crossed his path a few years earlier he may have had a few ideas of just how she could help.

"I know it's a bit late, but Mrs McCartney and meself could use some breakie," Paul smiled.

"Ah Si," She sighed "Our chef can prepare whatever you like"

"And just where is your.." she paused a moment and smirked "wife" She passed a small menu to him, brushing his hand lightly with hers. Paul ignored the advance, as he glanced over the menu.

"I think we'll have 2 cappuccinos, fruits, biscotti and jam" Paul said passing the menu back to her "Just send it up to our room, and send a bottle of Chianti as well, ta"

"Si Signore," Valentina cooed "And if you need anything else, you come find me"

"Ta.." Paul said absentmindedly as he picked up a brochure from the desk before heading back to his room.

*

"I hope we're getting a large breakfast," Charli said as she stepped out of the bathroom, towel drying her hair. "I'm starving!"

Paul laughed softly.

"I hope ya' can last a wee bit while the chef organises everything" Paul smiled as his arms went around her.

"I don't know...I might perish" Charli said dramatically. Paul laughed.

"What did ya's have in mind for the day?" he asked.