Cliche 20

ANTI-FEMINISM

What I have noticed in almost every book in the romance and teen fiction category is that women or girls are treated as either sex objects or they need the male main character to "protect" them.

1. The boys have a competition to sleep with the girls in whole school.

"RESPECT WOMEN."

"Who is that?"

"Oh it's just Judy, she's a nut job, always saying things that are imaginary."

Okay we have talked about it before but now we are going to look at it like it is possible.

Clearly for you to do such a thing you must think that women are as disposable as napkins.

2. The STD ridden manwhore AKA the male main character has the nerve to call someone else(usually the blonde "bimbo") a slut. Wow okay.

3. An obsession with virgins.

"Dude, why do you like her so much?

"This one is different, she's a virgin." #CRINGE

Should it matter that she is a virgin or not. NO!

Why?

Because women are not fucking cars!!

The annoying thing here is that women are classified into two categories. Virgins and not virgins.

The virgins are innocent, naive and can do no wrong.

The not virgins are slutty blondes whose idea of clothing is placing small squares on her boobs and a triangle on her privates.

4. The girl is as useless as the 'ueue' in queue when the boy is not around.

5. The girl changes who she is just for the boy. Rejection stories in the werewolf genre, romance, teen fiction, it's everywhere!

So she is slightly overweight, she has acne, her style isn't considered the most fashionable (even though she is cast as Selena Gomez). The  boy decides that he is Zac fucking Efron and can't be with someone like that.

He breaks the girls heart oh so ruthlessly, I am talking ripping it to pieces, pouring kerosene all over it, lights it up and watches it burn while playing a guitar Emperor Nero style.

She decides she's going to change everything about herself from a fugly caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly. She looses weight, magically gets rid of her acne, dresses all hot and bam the boy is groveling around her feet like she's a goddess.

Well what can you expect, karma is bitch but then the author ties up poor karma and throws her into the ocean when the girl accepts the boy's apology quicker than a cat falls asleep and they all live happily ever after.

What is wrong with this?

First of all she had to change EVERYTHING about herself so that the boy can love. If you can't love me don't love me later fool!

The saddest part is that there is usually this guy who has helped her through everything or has been there for from the very beginning but she just ignores him because of that warthog!

"I am sorry."

"Oh Blake, I will ignore that you slept with my sister two hours after I told you I loved you. I will forget the insults and the bullying and how you told the whole school I have AIDS.

"But what about Jake?"

"He has been there for me for the past five years but he doesn't matter to me. Only you do my Charming warthog."

6. R*pe is taken so lightly. This one in particular infuriates me. I read a book not too long ago and the boy and friends were laughing about it, that's not even the worst part, the girl forgives him after he offers her a trip to Europe!! I don't even know what to say about this.

7. "MINE!"

You are mistaken bitch, I belong to no one!

8. There are absolutely no female Alphas The in the werewolf category.

9. Women always have jobs that make them subordinate to men like personal assistants, maids, nannies or receptionists. Teachers at kindergartens or they just stay at home. Why can't we have women in the army, as pilots, doctors or something like that. I guess on wattpad equality is just a myth.

10. Apparently women can't be rich without the help of men. Female billionaires don't exist and if they do it's because they married a rich man or her father is a billionaire and she inherited. No self made female billionaires.