10|Blood Lies

vote | comment | follow

Tensed.

That was the only word that could be used to describe Alexander, Ronaldo, the atmosphere and most of all, herself.

It was a moment of silence between the two, a stare down more likely if she was to judge.

Both their faces were blank and Ameena, for the life of her, couldn't even guess what they were even thinking.

That is, until Alex smiled and with noticeable effort, took a step and grabbed her hand, drawing her into him until her back hit his chest. He still smiled.

Her eyes almost left its sockets as Ron looked taken aback.

"And who might you be?"

Ameena never had time to find out who said it, her hand went under his shirt and pinched, hard.

"Fuck!"

Skillfully she slipped out of his hold and gave him a dirty look, eyes narrowed, her smile brightened as she turned back to Ron.

"So glad to have you back and you didn't even call me when you got back—"

"Well I tried," He gave her pointed look, "but you weren't picking up and while I was driving to your place, I remembered you had no food in the fridge."

Ameena's eyes went up in realization, "Oh, this is such a coincidence... I was shopping for food too before you came, and I must've left that phone on silent again." She sighed.

A comfortable, yet very awkward, silence settled among them, Ameena wished the floor would come alive and eat her, her plastic smile was wavering and both men were raising an eyebrow at her.

Ameena wanted to face palm with the ground, 'Ugggh why the fuck do I gotta do it!?' She internally screamed. She wanted to just take her trolley and wheel it to yonder breaks except Alex had hers with her purse on the inside and Ron looked like he had  a very long lecture on mannerism to give if she was ever to leave them.

Very begrudgingly, she mumbled under her breath, "Alex, Ron. Ron Alex."

She felt Alex's head on her shoulder, "I didn't quite catch that Aimee."

She elbowed him, smiling in satisfaction when he went 'oof.'

"This is Alex, Ron," she indicated to him, "and Alex, this is Ron."

Ron smiled, and they shook hands, Ameena's eyes went heavenward when she saw the firm grip. It was like two rival alpha males had finally caught up and the air around them was charged.

"How come I never saw you around here, Ameena?" Ron raised a brow skeptically, directing the question at her, his eyes were guarded. She knew he was only tensed and skeptical because of his uncertainty. Hell, she would be too if he just popped up out of nowhere with a girl or something.

"Alex is an old friend, I just reunited with him a few weeks ago...and we began catching up on some things." Alex muttered something under his breath that she didn't quite catch, she could still feel the cold dark aura radiating from him as he watched their exchange.

"But you haven't mentioned him before...?" Ron's eyes slipped between both of them, she didn't know how but Alex had managed to shadow her and was using his height at an advantage over both of them.