18| Torture

• • •

• • •

Pain

That was the first feeling Ron felt as his body began to awaken. It tingled from the tips of his toes and throbbed especially around his temple and jaw. Without even glancing at his reflection, he knew that a bruise or two had formed on his face. Blinking into the darkness that spilled across the room, he tried raising a hand to touch his wounds only for resistance to hold it down.

Ropes?

More conscious about the situation he was in, Ron squinted into the darkness while twisting his hands trying to work on the ropes. Whoever had tied him down knew exactly how to twist a rope with all the loopholes and knots. And for a moment he had completely forgotten about who could do it, until the voice spoke up-

"About time you woke up." Alex's voice echoed from somewhere within the darkness. "For a moment there I thought I'd have to kiss you awake, sleeping beauty style."

Despite the thick feeling of something sealed over his lips, Ron managed to sound a slight gag at the thought of it.

He'd rather deep throat a cactus than kiss him.

The sound of something clicked and suddenly warm light flooded the room forcing him as it seared through his dilated pupils forcing them to adjust.

Alex appeared sitting in what looked like a couch. Beside him stood a small table with a bottle of whiskey and two cups. He himself seemed to have dressed out of the clothes from the previous day and into a pair of light joggers and black hoodie. Ron felt his lip twitch at the sight of the black bruise on his jaw and the bandage placed over the bridge of his nose.

Good. He thought smugly.

Alex got up, making the couch groan in appreciation from the lessened weight, and came to stand before him, peering down at him through narrowed eyes. In one quick movement Alex ripped the duct tape clean off his lips leaving an immediate searing burn following in its wake. It was as if he took the skin with him too.

Ron hissed, bringing his hands instinctively to his lips before realizing yet again that they were tied down.

"How's the nose?" He couldn't help but ask, groaning slightly from the busted lip that split open when he talked. It stung like a bitch but the pain was something he was almost accustomed to. His general taught him how to heighten his pain tolerance during all those training sessions.

Alex walked across the room and grabbed a single wooden chair, the sound of him dragging it across the floor echoed throughout the room before he set it only a few feet from him and sat. "I've had better days." He shrugged picking his glass of whiskey and taking a big gulp. He set it down, the sound of ice crushing between his teeth. "How's the head?"

"Amazing," Ron grit out flatly, focusing on blocking out the pounding rising between his brows. 

Another moment of tensed silenced passed between them, both not backing out of the death stare. Ron took this moment to think about where Alex could've brought him.