Hopefully a blessing

Love is great, love is fineOut the box, out of lineThe affliction of the feeling leaves me wanting more

Out the box, out of line
The affliction of the feeling leaves me wanting more

• • •

Joey's POV

"Mimi, Ryan let's go! Y'all are going to make me late to work!" I yell. The girls come running into our small living room with bright smiles on their faces. "Thank you."

I collect the girls and take them down to Miss Adams apartment. She is my life saver. She watches the girls while I work at night. I kiss them goodbye,  then leave.

I make my way to the strip club and into my changing room. My boss, Rich, walks in and gives me a big smile.

"We have important people here tonight so give them your best, and if they want to take you to the third floor, let them, okay," Rich says. I nod, and he leaves.

The third floor is where we have sex with said clients if we are permitted to. If I get asked it will be the first time I've ever been there. I made it clear that I didn't want to, but right now I could use the extra money, especially for the girls.

I've been working here since after Ryan's birth. They don't know what I do and I don't plan on telling them either. I quickly get dressed and put my mask on. I leave the dressing room and walk towards the back of the stage.

My curly hair cascades around me as the neon lights brighten my white lingerie. "And now up on the main stage, Foxy Star!"

I walk out on stage swaying my hips slightly. The crowd is thicker tonight than it has been in a while. I make my way to the pole as S&M by Rihanna starts playing. I slightly grab the pole and start dancing around.

I look down at the man in front of me. His bright eyes gaze up and down my body. He slightly leans forward letting the light show all of his facial features. I quietly gasp as I continue to dance. The man I thought I would never find again has suddenly popped up in my face. That man is my daughter's father. Callum Reed.

I finish up my dance and walk off the stage in front of the mysterious guy that fathers my only child. He stares at me. I start to walk away, but he grabs my hand and pulls me down on his lap. He pushes some of my hair back behind my ear making me shiver.

"Meet me on the third floor, Foxy," he whispers in my ear.

I get up and leave him. I walk up to the third floor and go into room eight. I sit on the black leather chair and cross my legs.

The light hum of the music soothes my uneasy nerves. Tonight will be the first time I give myself away like this...for money. I never thought I would stoop this low.

The mysterious guy walks into the room and smirks at me. "You know, princess, it'd be a lot more fun if you took the mask off," he teases.

I shake my head, and he slowly walks to me. "I'll make a deal with you," he says. I motion for him to continue. "I'll pay you to satisfy my every need...as in sexual desires."

I cross my arms over my chest. "You can wear your mask. There's a house outback and my younger sister, Nicole, lives there," he continues as I stay quiet. "Do you want to do this?"

"Do I have to quit this job?" I ask and he nods. "I have two other people I'm caring for, and they have to come with me."

"Who are these other people?" He asks. I stand up and tilt my head to the side.

"My daughter and sister," I reply and he nods.

"They can come and I will go talk to Rich," he states.

I nod and he leaves the room. I go back to my changing room and pack up all of the stuff that I paid for.

I pull my hair up into a bun and continue putting all my stuff in bags. The door opens and the mysterious guy walks in.

"Thank God, I didn't have to come to tell you to pack your stuff," he murmurs. I roll my eyes. I finish up and he looks at all of my bags. "I'll follow you to your apartment to help you."

After leaving the strip club, we went to my apartment building, and I pack all of our stuff up and put it in his vehicle. It wasn't much, but it was enough for us. I go to Miss Adams' apartment and knock on the door. She pulls it opens and smiles at me.

"You're very early," she says. I nod. "They are asleep on the couch."

She lets me in, and I pick up Mimi and go put her in the back seat of his vehicle. I go back for Ryan and then put her in too. I quickly climb in.

"I thought your sister would be older," he says. I look at him and roll my eyes. "Rule number one, don't roll your eyes at me."

I turn my gaze to the road. We reach his house which is lit up with lights. It looks amazing and pretty.

He starts to get out of the car

He starts to get out of the car. "Wait, what's your name?" I ask. He looks at me.

"Callum," He replies. I nod and get out. I knew it, but you know I just wanted to hear it from him. "I will have people bring your stuff to the house in the back, and if you want I can help you get them to it."

I nod. We get the girls and take them to the house which is actually a pool house. A beautiful girl opens the door with a bright smile.

"Hi. I'm Nicole!" She says excitedly. Her smile grows. "Why are you wearing a mask?"

"I'm Joanna," I reply. I look down and then look at her. "I'm not letting him see my face."

She nods. Nicole shows us to our room. Callum and I lay them on the bed. Callum leaves and I go back downstairs to see all of our stuff. I quietly drag it up the stairs and place it in the closet. I take the mask off and lay beside the girls.

Well, a lot has changed in one night. Hopefully, this will be a blessing.