Never gonna leave

Time, is going by, so much faster than I,
And I'm starting to regret not spending all of it with you.
Now I'm, wondering why, I've kept this bottled inside,
So I'm starting to regret not telling all of it to you.
So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know
•                       •                           •

 Callum's POV

Staring out the window at the pool is all I've been doing for the last few hours. I let a innocent child die. Mimi didn't deserve that...no child does...

A knock comes from my door and I turn around to see Joey standing there dressed in all black. Her cheeks and eyes are stained red from crying and that breaks my heart. I stand up and walk to her.

"It's time to go to the burial." She leaves the office.

After leaving the house and getting to the cemetery, she went quiet. Nothing came from her. Getting out of the car, she quietly walks to the three rows of chairs for the family of Mimi. Grady and his father sat in the first two chairs.

Joey sits beside Grady as she stares at the bright powder pink casket. The preacher starts talking and I tune him out as I keep Ryan calm. Her small head lays in the crook of my neck.

The preacher finishes, and my family lays white roses on her casket. Ryan and I walk to Joey and sit beside her.

"I'm sorry I was never there for you two..." Grady looks at Joey as she just stares ahead.. "Please, say something..."

"There's nothing to say. You guys didn't want us because perfect Penny didn't want your dirty mistress' kids." I take a deep breath. "I don't even know why you're here..."

Joey stands up, walks to the casket, places her hand on it, and blows a kiss. "Daddy, I'm hungy."

I kiss Ryan's forehead then stand up and walk to Joey. "We will be in the car..."

Joey turns around and looks at Grady and Cody. "Is that my granddaughter?"

"Why?" I look between the two of them.

"I didn't get to talk to you at the wedding and I've been wanting to see her, but I could never find you...Grady won't have any kids, so you're my only hope..." Ryan moves her head and looks at Cody. "She's beautiful...just like you."

"I know she is..." Cody and Grady stand up and walk closer.

"I remember the day you were born, the day I brought you home to Penny, the both of you..." Joey backs up and little and shifts her weight. Her ass rubs against my leg and I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I should've kept you and your sister, but if I did I wouldn't see this precious little girl."

Cody pinches her cheeks and she giggles. "She's perfect."

"You guys are welcome to our house to eat or whatever. I want a truce. No more fighting." Grady and Cody shake my hand.

We leave and head back to the house where tons of food is displayed. My family, along with Grady, his wife, his dad and Penny were here. I made Ryan and Joey move into the house so I could protect them properly.

Joey walks off into the dining room and I go lay Ryan down in her bed. I go back downstairs and find Joey and Penny talking, well mostly Penny. I stay behind the wall so they can't see me.

"I'm glad that little bitch is dead...now I only need you to go and die." Why the hell would she want them dead for fuck's sake? "Cody gave you way more attention than he ever gave me. I will get that money in your account, and you won't be able to do anything about it."

I walk in and clear my throat. Penny snaps her head towards me then storms out of the room. "Joey, you okay?"

"I'm fine...where's Ryan?" I get closer to her.

"She's asleep in her room. Come sit in here, please?" She nods. I grab her hand and we go off into the living room. She sits beside me and stares at the wall in front of her.

"Callum, can Grady and I talk to you...in your office..?" I nod at Cody. We get up, make our way to the office and sit. "We want to conjoin our businesses...make it bigger, expand it."

"Why?" My dad walks in and sits on the edge of my desk.

"Son, this is the best thing to do now. We join forces and we will be bigger and way better than before." I bite the inside of my cheek and scrunch my nose. "We don't have all day. You want your daughter to be protected, then you will do this. She has a big family and everyone will protect her, except for Penny."

"Fine, we can merge."

Everyone left. Ryan was in bed once again and I am completely drained. I knock on Joey's door and walk in to see her sitting on the bed staring at her hands.

I go sit beside her and pull her into me. I feel her start to shake and her sniffles begin. "You're never gonna be alone as long as I'm alive. I know I'm an ass and I have my bipolar moments, but I am here for you and Ryan whether you like it or not." She lightly chuckles. "Why are you laughing?"

"No reason..." I pull away from her, but she pulls me right back. "Stay with me tonight. Please?"

"Okay. I'm going to change, okay?" She nods.

I quickly go change then come back to her room. We climb into her bed and I lay on my back with one hand behind my head and the other under her neck as she snuggles into me.

"Good night, Callum...don't leave me..." She whispers faintly, I barely catch her words.

"I'm never going to leave you, promise."