Trix are for kids

I've been staring at the edge of the water
'Long as I can remember, never really knowing why
I wish I could be the perfect daughter
But I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try
• • •

Joey's POV

I'm assuming today is Saturday...because today is the day I meet the person responsible for this. Today is also the day of Ryan's party and I'm going to miss it. My baby is turning five and I'm stuck here. The metal door slides open and in walks the red headed bitch from hell, known as Penny.

"Look, it's the raggedy bitch from the East!" I laugh as she glares at me. Penny sits in front of me. Greg walks in and sits beside her. "Aweeh, it's the racist bitch that couldn't handle me."

"Shut up, Joanna." I roll my eyes. "Let's get down to business. Tomorrow, we are going to kill you and then we are going to kill your daughter."

"You're not touching my daughter." She laughs.

"I will and you can deal with it." She looks at Greg and gives him a look. He stands up and pulls out a pair of scissors. He makes his way to me and jab the scissors into my thigh then yanks it out. I keep my face neutral as pain shoots through my leg. No pain, no gain. "Wow...just give up...you know it hurts."

Greg cuts a piece of hair with the bloody scissors then puts the hair in a bag. He sits back beside Penny and she smiles. I look between the both of them when I see a little bit of red hair on his head. I scrunch my brows together and keep looking between them.

"You see something, Joanna?"

***

Callum's POV 

Ryan's party has officially started and I still haven't made a move to get her. I need it to be perfect. I wish she was here.

Ryan has gotten the party she wanted. She has a bounce house, horse, basically the whole nine yards. It's a cool October day, so I made sure that she was dressed appropriately, although she is having a Moana party. She got mad at me because I wouldn't let her dress like Moana and it was the cutest thing ever because she stomped her little foot at me. She's something else.

I am sitting beside Jay and my dad as I watch Cody and Ryan ride on a horse. She looks so happy and content with her life. Her happiness makes me happy.

For a four year old, she has a lot of friends and she plays with every single one of them. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn and look behind me to see Manuela. She smiles at me and hands me a box with Ryan's name on it. "Where'd you find this?"

"It was left at the front door." I nod and set it on the table with the rest of the presents. Manuela walks away and Cody walks to me as Ryan runs and plays with her friends.

"She's one spoiled child..." I laugh at Cody.

"You're telling me...you should've seen the fit she threw earlier." Cody raises his brows in surprise. "She got mad and stomped her foot at me because I wouldn't let her wear her Moana costume."

"Sounds like Grady when he was little...he got mad at me because I wouldn't buy him some new toy. He even threw a big ass tantrum in Toys R Us." I chuckle. "I didn't get to watch Joey or Mimi grow up and that's a big regret for me. I wish I would've just manned up and spoke my mind to Penny, but what's done is done..."

"I understand." Ryan runs to me and awards with a really big smile.

"Daddy, daddy, daddy!" I look at her and wait for her to tell me whatever it is that she wants. "Can I open one present? Just one, please?!"

She gives me her puppy dog eyes and I look at everyone around me as they look between the both of us waiting for my response. "Fine. Only one and that's it."

I pick the box that Manuela found and hand it to her. She rips the top of it off and reaches inside. She pulls out a wad of bloody hair. She drops the box and the hair as she screams. Cody picks her up and cleans her hand up. I, then, put the hair back into the box and go to throw it away. I come back and kiss Ryan on the cheek.

"I'm sorry, baby girl." She nods and squirms out of Cody's arms.

"The party is here!!!" Grady screams as he walks to us with like thirty bags split between his two hands. Not to mention the bags in his wife's hands. Ryan runs to him and he sets the bags down and hugs her. They move away from each other, and she runs off to her friends. Grady walks to us and smiles. "I think she's spoiled..."

"You don't say." I help Grady put the bags on the table, then I sit back in my chair. "Is this your wife?"

He nods. "Jay, Callum, this is Trixi." She smiles and waves at us. She is about Joey's height, if not taller, with her black hair and bright blue eyes. Her arms were covered in tattoos and had a few piercings here and there. "She picked out most of the clothes that we got her because I definitely wasn't picking out cute things. I chose most of the toys, though."

"Why did you get her all of that?" He laughs.

"Because she's my only niece and I'm going to spoil her."