Stand by me

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
•                            •                        •

Joey's POV 

^ Ryan's dress^

^ Ryan's dress^

^Joey's dress^

Ryan's hair is so hard to handle. I decided to straighten her hair, and let me tell you... I thought I had a lot of hair, but... ouf! She looks adorable, though. I've finished up preparing myself and I look cute, I guess.

Ryan and I go downstairs and see her dad standing beside the door on his phone. I clear my throat and he looks up at us and smiles. "You guys ready?"

We both nod. We leave and go to the dinner party. We get out and start walking to the house. It's smaller than ours, but just as pretty. Callum knocks on the door and Fred pulls it open. I see Baby poke his head out from behind Fred's leg and smile at Ryan.

"Welcome!" Fred and Baby move out of the way and let us in. Baby grabs Ryan's hand and they run off down the hall. "My wife is somewhere around here. You guys can make yourselves at home. Everyone is in the den."

We look around the house and make our way to the den where we see much older people. We are the youngest, and I stick out like a sore thumb. All the women are wearing long dresses and look sophisticated. I wrap my hand around Callum's bicep as Mary approaches us.

"Hello you guys! It's so nice to see you!" I smile at her and so does Callum. "Go mingle and make some more friends... Dinner will be ready shortly."

Mary walks off and we make our way completely into the den. A married couple walks to us with stone cold faces.

"Who are you two? We've never seen you two here before..." the woman states.

"I'm Callum and this is my fiancé Joey." I smile at Callum. The woman looks me from head to toe, then glances at Callum. The woman's husband looks at me and keeps his eyes glued on the curves of my body. "Who are you?"

"This is my husband, William, and I am Gloria." I smile, but start to feel uncomfortable as William continues to stare. "You must be rich to be at this party. So, what do you do, Callum?"

"We have a vineyard...the best one in California." She smiles.

"We might have to come for a wine tasting then." Callum nods, and they walk away. I look at Callum and sigh.

"I think William had a hard on for you." I glare at him and roll my eyes. "Take a deep breath, Joe, it's one dinner party..."

"I know, but I don't blend in." I murmur as he starts to drag me to the middle of the floor where some couples are dancing. He starts to twirl me around and lightly sing in my ear. "I love your voice."

I lay my head against his chest and calm down.

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

"I don't think this proposal is fake... I believe you want me that way..." I pull away from him and he looks down at me. "I asked you to marry me before you got kidnapped and you fell asleep... I had a lot to think about when you were gone and when we weren't together. I may or may not have fell in love at some point in our short time together... I know it's only been about three months... but I feel something and I want to grow and be with you as you want to be with me..."

I smile and peck his lips. "Good." Callum twirls me around and I smile then laugh.

We gather in the dining room and take our seats. Ryan sits in between Callum and I, as Baby sits on the other side of me. The maids bring us our food and everyone digs in.

I space my food out so it doesn't touch. I look at Ryan and see her do the same thing. I lightly chuckle to myself and turn back to my food.

"So, Callum and Joey, is it?" The oldest couple here asks us as they look at us.

"Yes..." I respond.

"Joey is a male's name, isn't it?" I raise my brows at them and they just stare.

"My name's actually Joanna Johnson..." She continues to stare.

"So why are you here? Does your child go to the same school as Baby?" I look at Callum and then back at the lady.

"Mary invited us and Ryan does go to the same school, although she's two years younger than Baby." She looks down then at Callum.

"So how'd you two meet?" I take a deep breath and look at Callum. He nods for the truth.

"The first time we met...uh, we were drunk and made Ryan here and then the second time was at my job." She stops talking and looks around the room.

"You had a baby out of wedlock? What a shame..." I set my utensils down and stare at the wall behind her. "All of you young people don't know how to wait for marriage..."

"Uh... Somethings aren't planned and happen unexpectedly. I love Ryan no matter how she came about into this world." She glares at me.

"Willa, please stop..." We all look at Mary. "We are here for a good time, not bickering about how others brought their children into this world."

Everyone stays quiet and I stop eating. I jut sit there as everyone talks about different things. Old rich people get on my nerves.

"Joey, will Ryan play any sports?" I look at Fred and lightly smile.

"I'll probably let her decide. I'll be happy with whatever she chooses." He nods.

"Do you two plan on having any more kids?" I glance at Mary.

"We haven't talked about it since our miscarriage, but I'm sure we will eventually."