What happened?

I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can
But for now you're scan of my unmade plans
• • •

Joey's POV

Callum and I casually talked on the way to the restaurant. It wasn't awkward, but sort of a soothing and a relief. He has a softer side, and I saw it when we were alone in the car.

I thought I'd never wear this dress again. I never had a reason to, but I guess tonight is my reason.

"So, Joanna, where have you lived before here?" I look at Callum's mom as she smiles.

"Uh, I have lived here for all of my life, and so have Mimi. We have bounced around from homeless shelter to homeless shelter until I got a good paying job to get an apartment, but then I was still struggling. I splurged on myself once, and that was for my brother's wedding. We never recovered financially after that." I look down then back at her.

"Why hasn't your brother helped you?" I look at Nicole.

"I was his dad's mistress's baby. I wasn't a priority, and my mom decided to sleep with him to get money for drugs five years ago, and as a result, I have Mimi now. I glance at Mimi and Ryan as they eat.

"Do you have your dad's last name? How old are you?" I chuckle.

"I don't know my dad...and I certainly don't have his last name. My dad's white and has, or had  a gigantic business of sorts." I take a small breath. "I'm nineteen...I turn twenty in October."

"What are your intentions with Callum..?" I look at his mom and raise an eyebrow.

"Uh, he wanted me...not the other way around. I could never get a guy like him to like me...maybe if I was drunk, but other than that...it wouldn't happen." I take a bite of my steak.

"Well, my name's Amy...in case I forgot to tell you, and Nicole ain't my daughter..." I scrunch my brows together and she lightly laughs. "Her dad had a mistress..."

I nod. "So, Joey, that's what I'm going to call you. What made you name Ryan that?" I look at Ryan then at Amy.

"I really liked the name and I rarely see girls named Ryan. I named Mimi too. I was fourteen at the time, I didn't know anything else and it was my mamaw's name." Amy nods. Callum's hand lays on my thigh and slowly slides up. I open up my legs and give him the the permission to move closer.

Our waitress comes back with more wine and she starts to pour mine when she sees Callum's hand on my thigh. She misses the glass on purpose...spilling the red wine all over my white dress. I quickly stand up sending the chair flying backwards.

I run off to the bathroom as the waitress continues to pour the wine. I get most of the stain out, but the outline is still there. I sigh in defeat and walk out the bathroom. I walk over to our table and sit down while avoiding  all eye contact.

"Don't worry about her. She's just jelly that Callum found a new girl. She is trying to pin a baby on him. She's such a slut." Amy rolls her eyes. I just sit there silently.

"I'll just be in the car...I'm sorry.." I excuse myself from the table and kiss the girls. I go outside to the car and take a deep breath. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I slowly turn around and see Callum.

"You okay..?" I nod. "Well everyone is done and I paid. I'm sorry about your dress. I'll pay for a new one."

"Don't have to."

***

The girls and I have been at Callum's for a month now, and it's been boring. He's always giving me a cold shoulder unless he wants to fuck. I enrolled Ryan into preschool and now all I have to do is make sure they have everything and to save money, but to make matters worse, I'm pregnant with the demon's baby...again.

I knock on Callum's office door and walk in. The moans of the girl from the restaurant fill the room as he pounds into her. He casually looks at me and smiles evilly.

I turn around and start to walk out. "Stop! Come, sit! Right here in front of me." I continue walking. "Now!"

He roars and I flinch. I turn around and go sit in one of the leather chairs as he continues to thrust into her. I stare at his face. He scrunches his face and bites his lip. He only does that when he's not feeling the sex and prematurely comes. Callum pulls out of her, and she straightens up and fixes her clothes. She happily skips out of the room.

I stand up and walk towards the door. He forcefully slams the door shut. I turn around to see Callum towering over me. Rage flashes in his eyes and I take a step back.

"Why'd you come in here?" I stare at him.

"Why'd you fuck someone else after you agreed that you wouldn't..?" Callum slaps me across the face. I grab my stinging cheek as I look at the wall beside us.

Callum jerks my head to face him and I close my eyes. "Don't disobey me." I jerk away from him and he picks me up by my throat and throws me into his glass coffee table.

I cough as I roll on to my side

I cough as I roll on to my side. Amy rushes in and sees me laying on the ground coughing with blood pooling under my back and in between my legs.

"Oh my God, Callum, what the hell did you do?!" Amy screeches. "We have to get you to the hospital!"

Amy lifts me and helps me walk to the door. Callum watches us as we walk out. Amy makes Ash drive us to the hospital. We get into the ER and they rush me to a room where they check me out. Amy holds my hand as the doctor examines my vagina.

"Ma'am, I'm terribly sorry, but you lost the baby..." Everything goes still as I lay there. "I'll go get a nurse to stitch up your back."

Amy nods and he leaves the room. "What happened?" I shrug. I feel nothing...I don't want to see his face...I don't want to go back. "Joey, please, talk to me, baby girl."

I stare at the door in front of us. A nurse about my height walks in with a bright smile on her face. "Miss Johnson, can you turn on to your stomach."

I turn on to my stomach and don't say a word. She undoes my gown and numbs me. The nurse stitches me up then gives me some medicine to go pick up and my discharge papers.

Amy thanks the nurse and I put my clothes back on. We leave and go get my medicine then we head back to the house. We walk in and Nicole, Jay, the girls, Manuela, and Callum stand in the foyer.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

I don't look at Nicole. I don't look at anyone. I walk past everyone and go out to the pool house. I lock myself in the bedroom and close the curtains making the room very dark. I climb into bed and stare into the darkness.

A knock comes from the door, ut I stay still. "Mommy, I tired." I get up and open the door. Mimi and Ryan waddle in and climb in bed. I get in beside them and wrap my arm around them.

May my girls never have to go through anything like this...