Epilogue

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters
•                       •                        •

Joey's POV

Teen Mom 2 plays in the background as Callum and I lay in our bed. "What's the point of this show? Like, why?"

I look at Callum and laugh. "It's to show the struggle of being a teen mom and the ups and downs it has."

"But all she does is yell and fight with her mom." I roll my eyes and look back at the TV. "Like Barbara didn't do anything to her... She was just stating facts left and right."

"Will you shut up and just watch, you loser." Callum chuckles and wraps himself around me.

Callum's snores fill the cold room. He snores louder than anyone I've ever heard, and it's louder than the damn TV. We were supposed to have sex as soon as we got home from the date, but he was too tired, and I didn't want to make him do something he didn't want to do. Especially sex.

I turn up the TV and try to block out the sound of Callum's snores when I hear shuffling in the hallway. I quickly get up and pull the door open to see Caleb and some girl standing in front of his door.

I clear my throat and they look at me startled. "M-m-mom, what are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing, young boy." I raise a brow and walk to them. I look at the blonde girl and smile at her. "Who must you be?"

"Mila." I nod. I look at Caleb.

"Why is she here past your bed time?" Caleb looks at her then me.

"Because she wanted to hang out and she just got off of work." I see Callum standing at the doorway out of the corn of my eye.

"Callum put some clothes on..." He grunts and goes back inside our room. "Mila, how would your parents feel if you were sneaking boys into your room at eleven at night?"

"They wouldn't like it, ma'am." I nod. I go to touch her shoulder and she jerks. I raise a brow and move my hand. "Sorry..."

"Caleb, go to your room... I need to talk to Mila alone, please." He nods and goes in. "Are they beating you?" She nods. "What else do they do?"

"Rape me, sell my body..." I nod sadly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Is there anyone else that lives with you? Siblings?" She shakes her head no. "I don't want you to go back there. I will talk to my husband about this, and as for now, you can stay here. But if you two have sex, so help me God, I will throw a fit."

She nods and goes off into Caleb's room. I go back to mine and see Callum sitting on the edge of the bed. "What do you want me to do about that?"

I close the door and sit beside him. "Whatever you think is necessary. We can't let something like that happen to someone close to Caleb. It would destroy him. The way he looked at her is the same way you look at me."

"I know, babe. I will see what I can do tomorrow, but for now, let's go to sleep."

***

Breakfast fills the dining room table as people gather in their seats. Everyone sat and still had their pajamas on. I sit beside Callum and we fill our plates.

"So, who's this cutie beside Caleb?" Everyone looks at Grady then Mila.

"That's Caleb's friend, and she is going to be staying with us here for a while." Everyone stares at me.

"Why?" Grady blurts out.

"That's none of your concern. Plus, she'll fit right in." I smile.

We eat breakfast and mostly everyone parts ways except for Caleb, Mila, Callum, and I. "Mila, you and I are going to go get your clothes from your house and whatever else you need." She nods. "Caleb you and your dad will clear out the basement, so she can have her own room, and not end up pregnant right now. It's the last thing we need at the moment."

Callum and Caleb nod in unison. "Let's get this shit show on the road."

Mila and I go to her house and she takes me up to her room. We fill her bags with all of her stuff, and, as we start to leave the house, her dad comes in drunk and angry. I make her go to the car immediately.

"Who the fuck are you?! You nigger!" I stare at him and frown. "Niggers aren't welcome in my fucking house!"

He stumbles towards me and I take a step back. He reaches behind his back and pulls out a gun. I throw my hands up in surrender, and he chuckles.

"You scared now, aren't you?" He gets closer and pushes me up against the wall. "I'm going to fuck you and you're going to love it."

He rubs the gun against my vagina and starts kissing my neck. I see Mila standing in the doorway. I mouth to her to call Callum and she runs off. I knee the guy in his balls and the gun goes off, barely missing me. He drops to the ground and looks at me as I stare at him.

He points the gun at me and puts his finger on the trigger. I knock the gun out of his hand and it shoots me in the shoulder. I keep calm despite the pain shooting throughout my hand, and jump for the gun as he does at the same time. He lands on top of me, and I groan as his heavy weight almost suffocates me. I pick up the gun and point it at his head.

"Do it, sweetheart, you'll be doing yourself a favor." I chuckle as I hear loud footsteps behind me. "Come on, sweetheart."

I pull the trigger and the bullet hits him in the middle of his brows. Bullseye. He fully drops on top of me. I roll him over onto the floor and smile wickedly. I get up and look at Callum as he stares at me. "Babe, you have blood on your face..."

"I know.. Ain't it sexy?"