Hello, My name is Elder... Evan?

(A/n: Hi! This is my new one shot book, Ill be posting once a week, but if you're lucky, there will be double updates ;)

Connor and Evan had been dating since the start of senior year when Connor had finally confessed his feelings to Evan. The year started off as a slow, lonely one, but by their final exam, Connor and Evan were dating, they had a tight knit group of friends and memories they wouldn't trade for the world. But as high school came to an end and everyone went their different ways to their own colleges, they slowly began to drift apart.

Connor was studying art at NYU while Evan decided to take the year off so he could earn a bit of money before starting his degree. The two were living together in a small apartment just off Broadway.

'Connor, I'm going to work, I'll be home around 9:30!' Evan said, walking into the living room and giving Connor a quick peck on the cheek.

'I swear they over work you, hon. Starting your shift at 10 and finishing around 9:30? I don't get to see you often enough!' Connor pouted. Evan chuckled as he walked out the door.

'Don't worry, I have Saturday morning off. I only have to go in at 5:30. Bye!' Evan closed the door and walked down 4 floors before heading off to the local library where he was the janitor.

...

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and... 1! Yes! It was 5pm! His shift at the library was over. He changed out of his janitor uniformand headed to times square. He didn't exactly lie to Connor. Yes, his library shift did end at 5, but he actually got off work at 9 and would be back by 9:30, just not the work Connor thought he was doing.

Evan heard his phone go off with a text message alert.

A_Beck to: Cool Kidz 🛀🌳🚬🎸📚

Hey Connor and Evan, I'm gonna be in NY this week and I wanted to know if we could catch up? I haven't seen you guys in 4 months!

Evan unlocked his phone and opened his messages.

AcornHansen: Hi Alana, Connor and I would love to have you over. You could stay at our place if you want, there's a pull-out couch. You don't have to though if you don't want to.

A_Beck: That's alright, my college is paying for a hotel and I wouldn't want to intrude.

AcornHansen: You wouldn't be intruding at all! But if you want to stay in a hotel, that's fine.

HighImConnor: How bout dinner?

HighImConnor: There's a new Japanese place Ev wants to try

A_Beck: That sounds great! How about Saturday?

HighImConnor: Ev has to be at work by 5:30 on Saturday. Why don't we do lunch?

A_Beck: Ok sure, that works for me

BathBombsareBae: Whaddup losers the insanely cool Jared Kleinman is in the house!

HighImConnor: Shut up Jared

HighImConnor: You are a walking meme

HighImConnor: Your initials literally are JK

HighImConnor: Just Kidding?

BathBombsareBae: Why thank sir Connor and I accept your invite for lunch on Saturday

HighImConnor: I didn't invite you

JazzGal: Connor, be nice!

A_Beck: Oh hey Zo!