Going Viral pt. 2

'Um, um... I'm Pregnant.'

'What?!' Connor said in disbelief.

'No, no, no, no. Not l-like, ah, physically pregnant. But, um, like... Ok, so recently, I've, ah, kinda been writing some, some songs? And, ah, like the, um, other, er, day, I recorded one and maybe put it o-on Youtube. And, it's the one that's g-gone a bit... viral. So... like, I'm pregnant with, uh, song ideas! You know? They just kinda keep growing and so I p-put them down on paper, and, um, I guess some p-people kinda... liked them? I dunno, just...

That video that you j-just saw on Youtube? That was the s-song that I wrote. I know, i-its terrible. P-please don't judge me!'

Evan buries himself further into Connors hoodie.

'You wrote that song?' Connor asks gently. 'Well, it's fucking amazing babe! We need to celebrate! Choose anything you want and we can do it.'

Evan looks up at Connor. 'You really did like i-it?'

'It's the best fucking song I have ever heard. C'mon, where do you want to go. My treat.'

'Well, there is this, um, park? We could h-have a picnic? I mean, only if you wanttowedon'thavetoiknowitwasastupidideajust... never mind.' Evan drifts off, blushing red a little at his rant.

'No, no babe! I want to go have a picnic at this park with you! I'll go pack some food, and then we can go, ok?'

Evan nodded and took Connor's hand, holding it tightly.

'Thank you Con.' He whispered.

...

'Hi everyone! It's me again. I wasn't going to do this, but my amazing boyfriend convinced me too otherwise. A face reveal I guess.' Evan says, looking directly into the camera.

Connor had convinced Evan that no, no one would laugh at him at school for this. He was viral, but in a good way.

'This is my boyfriend,' Evan exclaims confidently, pulling Connor into the view of the camera. Connor waves awkwardly, then sidles out of view again.

'So, I wrote a n-new song about this one time recently... at the, um, the... apples place? Con, what's it called again!' Evan calls of to the side of the camera. The camera picked up the muffled sound of Connor yelling 'An Orchard!'

'Yeah, so I wrote this song about a gr-great time we had recently. Um, yeah, here goes nothing. Or everything, whatever...'

Evan starts the song as Connor gazes in awe.

'End of May or early June this,

Picture perfect afternoon we share.

Drive the winding country road,

Grab a scoop at a la mode,

And then we're there.'

Evan glances towards Connor and smiles slightly.

'An open field that's framed with trees we,

pick a spot and shoot the breeze like buddies do.

Quoting songs by our favourite bands,

Telling jokes no one understands except us two.

And we talk and take in the view.

We just talk and take in the view.'

As Evan builds up to the chorus, Connor can't help but wonder how he had managed to find such an amazing boyfriend. He watches Evan lovingly from the side during the entire song, and once Evan is done, he walks over and gives him a massive Connor-bear hug.

'I love you Ev.'

...

Evan feels a sense of déjà vu as he is awoken by his phone dinging again.

He groggily puts his hand out to grab it, and sees that once again, Jared is spamming him with messages.

His phone starts buzzing, and Evan picks up the call.

'OH MY GOD EVAN HANSEN YOU ARE THE FUCKING VIRAL SINGER ON YOUTUBE? WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS WAS YOU, IT IS SO AMAZING.'

Evan winces and pulls the phone away from his ear a little as Jared's booming voice fills the room from the tiny phone speaker.

'J-j-jared, what time is it?' Evan says yawning.

'3am but who fucking cares. YOU ARE THE MOST FAMOUS PERSON IN THE WORLD! I'M BEST FRIENDS WITH THE MOST FAMOUS PERSON IN THE WORLD? Can I get your autograph at school tomorrow! Oh my god I can't wait to tell my camp friends all about this I'm just so freakin-'

Jared cuts off and there is a muffling from the other end.

'Uh, Jared? Hello?'

'Hi Evan, this is Jared's mother. I am sorry he woke you up this early. Don't worry, I am confiscating his phone until Thursday so this won't happen again. B-bye now!'

The phone turns off and Evan snorts to himself before rolling over and going back to sleep.