Mark

A/n: I'm so sorry that I didn't update yesterday, my laptop has been playing up so a double update today!

It was a beautiful Spring day and Connor and Evan were at the apple orchard.

'Look at this amazing tree!' Evan exclaimed, running up to it and jumping up, trying to reach the first branch.

Connor smiled lovingly, but he was too nervous to enjoy the sight. His hand brushed against his jacket pocket, feeling the box inside. Just wait a little longer, he told himself.

'Hey Ev! Come look at this sunset. It's spectacular!' Connor ushered Evan over, then plopped himself down on the soft grass. He patted the spot next to him and Evan, more gracefully, lowered himself down next to Connor.

The two of them stayed there, watching until the sun set and left the night to come, until Connor could wait no longer.

Connor took a deep nervous breath and turned to face Evan, butterflies in his stomach.

'Ev, I've known you since senior year, had a crush on you since way before then. We have been together for 2 years now, which may not seem long to some people, but it is long enough for me to know this. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you, Evan Hansen, do the honour of marrying me?

...

Evan was freaking out, as per usual. But this time, it was a good sort of freaking out. It was his wedding day. He was petrified, don't get me wrong, but he knew that this was going to be the best day of his life.

Unless he had kids.

'Hey, how's my favourite gay!' Jared said, walking into Evan's room and straightening his bowtie.

For once, Jared was not going to crack any sarcastic jokes. This day was about Evan, and Evan needed the support.

'Ready as I'll ever be I guess!' Evan said smiling. They heard a noise at the door and turned to look.

The noise was Connor, making a clumsy entrance as he was trying to tie his shoe while hopping into the room.

'Gah!' Jared shouted, running over and covering Connor's eyes. 'You can't see the bride before the wedding!' He whispered. They both chuckled and Connor removed Jared's hands from his eyes.

'You ready?' Connor asked, wringing his hands nervously. Even though he was terrified, he knew that this is what he wanted to do. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with Evan.

...

The audience were situated on white, comfy chairs. Everyone's attention was fixed on the two men at the front, staring lovingly into each-other's eyes. Finally, the part everyone was waiting for.

'Do you, Connor Michael Murphy, take this man as your lawfully wedded husband?'

'I do.'

'And do you, Mark Evan Hansen, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband.'

The crowd seemed to hold their breath.

'I do.'

Connor looked at Evan confusedly for a second.

'Then you may kiss the groom!' the priest announced. The crowd cheered and Evan pulled Connor down into a passionate kiss.

'You never told me your first name is Mark.' Connor whispered into Evan's ear as they pulled away.

Evan blushed. 'I, um, I've never really liked that name. My dad chose it but mom has never called me anything but Evan. I guess you could say dad won the battle but mom won the war.'

This was the most Evan had ever said about his dad to Connor, so though Connor had more questions, he didn't push.

'I'm so proud of you sweety!' Heidi said, rushing over and embracing Evan in a bear hug. 'And look at how handsome you are! Oh, my little boy is all grown up. Soon you will have graduated college, ah, the time flies by too fast!'

Heidi pulls Evan out of the hug and looks him up and down.

'Now, let's go get some food, you look starving, and then you and Connor can have your first dance.' She directs Evan over to the food table and Evan glances apologetically at Evan.

Heidi was still the overprotective parent sometimes, but Evan and Connor both loved her.