Goin' Viral

A/n: Hey, I'm sorry this is kinda terrible, I just was a little lazy today. I'll make it up to you though. Please send me prompts!

'Hi guys! Um, so, today I w-will b-be singing a, uh, song I, uh, wrote. Myself. So, yeah. Enjoy I guess, you don't have to though!' Evan says into a microphone.

Technically, he was filming, but he didn't want Youtube to see his face so he taped up the camera so it could only record his voice.

Evan sits down at his piano and starts to play.

'I've learnt to slam on the brakes.

Before I even turn the keys.

Before I make the mistake.

Before I leave with the worst of me.'

Evan begins the song in a sad demeanour. He poured all of his emotions into it, it summed up his thoughts exactly.

'Give them no reason to stare.

No slipping up if you slip away.

So I've got nothing to share.

No, I've got nothing to say.'

This was Evans first video. He didn't want to be a Youtube star, no, but he wanted to share something that he was actually proud of. You never know, it could help people, having all your thoughts down in a song that people can relate to.

'Step out, step out of the sun,

if you keep getting burned.

Step out, step out of the sun,

Because you've learned, because you've learned.'

As the chorus was building up, Evan was struck with emotion. No one should have to feel the way he does. It is terrible to live with anxiety and un-diagnosed depression.

Evan finishes the song with a couple of tears running down his face, but happy with how the song turned out.

He hears a key turning in the front door, and instantly stops any noise coming from the recording. Not even his mom was allowed to hear him sing. Singing, to Evan, was like a secret, and he could only trust himself with that secret.

'Hey Ev, I'm sorry, I can't stay long, class starts soon. I'm just gonna get some dinner from the fridge!' He hears his mom call from the other side of the house.

'Ok!' he calls back.

Saving the recording on his laptop, he walks into the kitchen to greet his mom.

'I'm sorry, I've got to run. I'll be back around ten. I just put some left over lunch in the fridge, so have that for dinner. I love you!' Heidi gives Evan a big hug, then grabs her bag and leaves.

Evan sighs in disappointment. He wished his mom was around more often, but with the struggles of keeping the house, he knew that she had to work.

...

Evan holds his breath as he mentally prepares himself to do it. Just one more click and...

His video was uploaded to Youtube!

Evan wasn't entirely sure why he was so nervous. He had made a fake Youtube account, and didn't show his face, so no one would be able to track it back to him, right?

At least he hoped.

Evan made himself a nice cup of chamomile tea, then sat and read 'Fantastic Trees and Where to Find Them' in bed.

He fell asleep with trees on his mind.

...

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

Evan woke up groggily from the sound of his phone messages going off over and over.

He rolls over and checks his phone. Oh, it's just Jared, he can read them later...

He sits up in bed and rubs his eyes sleepily.

Suddenly, his door is thrown open by his boyfriend, Connor.

'Aghh...' Evan screams, trying to cover himself up before realising that he was fully clothed.

'Evan, get up, you need to see this. It's amazing!' Connor throws Evan a pair of jeans and a tree-shirt before sitting down at the desk and pulling Evan's laptop towards him.

Evan slowly gets dressed in the bathroom, and walks out to see Connor on his laptop with Youtube pulled up.

'Yes! Here it is.' Connor exclaims. He turns the laptop to face Evan, and Evan takes a step back.

Connor had found the video that Evan posted online. Of him singing Waving Through a Window.

'Ah, um, C-connor? H-h-how, did you, ah, f-find this?' Evan manages to stutter.

'It's Viral! I thought that this sounded like your type of music so I wanted to show you. And it is SO good! Have you seen it before?'

So, Connor didn't know that it was Evan yet.

Playing dumb, Evan replied, 'Ah, no. No! I, um, haven't seen it before. L-let me see, p-please?'

Evan cringes internally as he watches it. How did it have so many views? He only posted it the night previously. At least no one knew it was him though.

Evan scrolled through the comments, and is pleasantly surprised to see that they are all nice. Well, most of them at least.

Evan picks up his phone and sees that Jared too has sent him the link to the video.

This was getting to be too much though. Every time he reloaded the page, there were more and more views. He didn't want to become famous.

Evan could feel his breath quickening and his eyes go foggy. From a distance, he can hear Connors voice.

Evan slams the laptop close and runs into the bathroom, away from Connor.

He sits in the bathtub and curls into a small ball. How could he have let this happen?

He hears a timid knock and Connors voice.

'Ev, are you ok in there?'

'Go away!' Evan mumbles.

'I'm coming in, ok?' Connor unlocks the door and slowly walks over to Evan and sits down in the bath with him.

Connor wraps Evan in his hoodie, and they sit there for a few minutes, just hugging in the silence.

'I have something I need to tell you,' came Evan's muffled voice from under Connors hoodie.

'Yeah?'

'Um, um... I'm pregnant.'

A/n: I'm just gonna leave this here for now. Part 2 coming later ;)