I don't Like Kids

(A/n: Warning, short and terrible writing. Soz.)

'Hey Connor!' Renee at the book shop called. 'The kids will be here in about 20 minutes. You ready?'

'Yup!' Connor said happily. This was the highlight of his week. Well, besides being with Ev of course.

Walking up to the children's section, Connor pulled three books off the shelf. That should be enoughhe thought.

He sat down on the big comfy chair, downing the rest of his coffee and then opening the books.

The little kids of 3-7 years old run in, sitting down on the floor in front of Connor.

'Hey everyone! How are you today?'

A chorus of good runs through the crowd. Connor smiles happily.

'Today's book is called Evan's Castle. Once upon a time...'

...

'Hey Con, where were you yesterday? I came to your house but Zoe said you were out.'

'Oh shit, sorry, I forgot you were coming for lunch. How can I make it up to you? Fuck, I'm so sorry.'

'It doesn't matter, we can do lunch another day I guess? But really, what kept you yesterday? Zoe wouldn't tell me.'

'Umm, I was... I need to go to the bathroom.' Connor runs out of the room quickly before Evan can ask anything else. He couldn't let anyone know he liked kids. They would think he was a big softie at heart, which he was, but he didn't need anyone else knowing it.

'Con, what are these?' Evan calls through the house. Connor unlocks the bathroom door and walks back into his room. He comes to an abrupt stop.

'Um yeah, ahh those are...' He trails off. Evan is holding up pictures through the years of Connor with the kids.

'Is that what you were doing? Reading to kids!' Evan looks like an excited puppy.

'No, no, no, I don't like kids. Yeah, I hate kids! They're the worst. Ugh yuck.' Evan laughs.

'You are a terrible liar, you know that.'

'No, I am a great liar! You are a terrible one.' Connor sticks his nose up in the air importantly.

They both laugh.

Next week, Evan would go with Connor to the bookshop and bond with the kids together.