Jared in the Bathroom

A/n: I'm posting today in case I forget tomorrow, but if I do remember tomorrow, then this'll just be an extra update!

It was Halloween and Jared was at the biggest party of the fall. Not that anyone knew though. He was wearing a very clever disguise.

He had it all planned out. Evan had been acting shady, so Jared had decided to go to the party to check it out. It seemed that Evan was... ignoring him? Evan had always been so kind! What happened?

Well, the plan to confront him failed. He had just walked into the party when someone shouted something to him about how he shouldn't be there, and Jared, being the insanely (un)brave person he was, bolted to the bathroom.

He slowly stepped into the bathtub and laid down. He needed to keep a low profile at this party.

Jared hears the doorknob rattle and the bathroom shudder, and hears someone bursting in. I swear I locked that!Jared thought to himself. He sinks lower into the bathtub, before realising who it was that came in.

'You idiot! You fucking idiot. Why did you drink. You know you need it. And now you've made a fool of yourself in front of Zoe! What were you thi- Agh!' Evan had been talking to himself in the mirror, expecting to be in the bathroom alone, but was surprised when Jared reached out a hand and poked him.

'Jared! What are you doing here? I didn't know you were invited to this party?' Evan talks to Jared is if nothing is wrong. As if he hadn't been ignoring Jared for the past week.

'I wasn't, that's why I am wearing this... clever disguise.' Jared does jazz hands lamely. Evan says nothing.

'What's wrong Mister Cool? Mister Popular? Squip got your tongue?'

'It's off,' Evan replies coldly.

'That explains why you're talking to me then.' There was a moment of silence before Jared continues. 'You know, you've been a real ass this week. When you bought it, you said we would still be friends. You said I was you favwourite person. Remember? What happened. Am I really not good enough for you anymore?'

'No, Jared. You know that I think you're great. It's just, you know...' Evan gestures towards Jared.

'I know what?' Jared looks at Evan coldly.

'You're a bit of a...' Jared knew what Evan meant, but Evan didn't want to say.

'I'm a bit of a what, Evan?!'

'Fine. You are a loser.'

Jared looks at Evan, hurt. Jared reaches towards Evan, to put his hand on his shoulder or something, but Evan jerks away.

'Just keep away from me.' Evan mutters as he leaves the bathroom, but Jared hears anyway.

Loser

Jared was in shock. Evan and he had been best friends since diapers. Their moms had been friends for longer. And now he was alone. In a bathroom. At the biggest party of the fall.

Jared lowers himself into the bathtub again and pulls his knees close, preparing himself for the panic attack he could feel coming on.

At that moment, he could disappear for forever and nobody would even notice at all.

He was yearning for a different time. A different place. A different friend. A different life!

His body shakes as the tears fall, and a small, desperate sob escapes.

A loud hammering on the door brings him back into reality for a moment.

'Hello! Some of us need to pee!' he hears a muffled yell from outside.

Panicking, Jared says the first thing that comes into his head.

'I'm on my period!' There was a moment of silence before the voice replies and a sweet voice.

'Take your time honey.' He hears back.

I'm a creeper in a bathroom cause my buddy kinda left me alone. But, I'd rather fake pee than stand awkwardly or pretend to check a text on my phone. He thinks

Everything was fine when he was half of a pair. Why didn't Evan have to take the squip.

Oh yeah, he thinks bitterly. Because he likes Zoe, not you. Who could ever love you. That sarcastic third wheel who is good for nothing except memes.

What an awesome party. Jared was so glad he came.