TMNT FRUIT SNACKS

'Hey Connor, what's up?' Evan talks into his phone; Connor having had called.

'Help me!' Connor croaks, his voice crackling through the line.

'What? What's wrong Con? Are you alright? Where are you?' Evan asks worriedly.

'Just get home, quick!'

'Alright, I'm almost there.'

Evan taps his finger nervously on his leg, watching the world pass by way too slowly for his liking.

He jumps out of the cab as soon as it pulls up into his driveway, and runs up to the front door, struggling to find his keys then getting it in the door.

'Connor? Where are you? Are you ok?' Evans call rings throughout the house.

Evan puts his suitcase down and slowly steps onto the welcome rug.

'Connor!' Evan calls again desperately. He frantically opens the closest door to him, then the next, running from room to room. 'Connor?!'

Evan stops and closes his eyes for a moment, trying to calm his racing heart. Connor's fine, Connor's fine, he can't be dead, he is fine, Evan thinks to himself.

That's when he hears it, a small scuffle coming from the kitchen.

Evan creeps towards the kitchen, picking up a lone umbrella from the ground to use as a weapon, just in case.

'Aha!' he shouts, swinging the door open dramatically, to find...

'Um, Connor? Are you... ok?'

Evan looks up at Connor, who is sitting on top of the fridge, eyes red and obviously high.

'Shhh, he'll hear you Evan, get down!' Connor slurs.

'Ok, ok Con, come one, get down from there. I know you've been smoking again, I can smell it on you.'

'Nah ah,' Connor shakes his head like a little kid. Nevertheless, Connor hops down from the top of the fridge.

Evan guides Connor to a chair, then goes to the fridge to look for a snack.

'Connor, how come there is only Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Fruit Snacks in the fridge?'

'Because if I give 'em to him, he leaves me alone.' Connor starts giggling hysterically.

'Connor,' Evan kneels down and looks Connor in the eye. 'Who is this he you keep mentioning?'

'You've gotta save me from him Evan!' Connor grabs onto Evan's shirt and stares frightenedly into his eyes.

'You're not gonna make any sense until you're sober again, right? Ok, well, Connor, I'm gonna go shopping, try not to kill yourself alright? See you soon.' Evan explains very carefully, making sure Connor understands each and every word.

Evan puts his coat back on and steps outside into the chilly air, Connor walking up to the front door behind him, watching Evan leave.

Evan begins to open the gate, but just as he does so, something big and hairy comes flying at him.

'Ughh, what the hell!' Evan steps to the side just in time, missing the thing by mere millimetres.

The possum scrambles back up the tree which it came from.

'Look, there he is! Go get him Ev! Yeah!' Connor cheers from the front door.

Evan stares in shock at the possum that had tried to attack him. Slowly, he makes his way towards it and see it has a stash of something bright and colourful.

Evan squints, trying to make out what the possum was sitting on. Suddenly, Evan realises what it is and wheels around, staring at Connor.

'Connor. Why the hell have you been feeding this possum TMNT fruit snakcs?!'

'It was stalking me,' Connor says, then hisses in the direction of the possum.

'Ugh.' Evan facepalms than walks inside. 'I'll go shopping later,' he mutters to himself.

'Wait, I know Ev! We can keep him as a pet!'

'I thought you said it was stalking you?'

'Oh my gosh, you're right, we should call the police!' Connor runs over to the phone and dials 911.

'Connor, No!'

Evan hears the little voice coming from the phone.

'911, what's your emergency.'

'I'm being stalked by a possum, you've gotta help me!'

A/n: Hello my lovely readers. I'm just letting you know that school is very busy at the moment, so I won't be updating as regularly, I'm not stopping this book, just updates will be a lot slower. Thank you for reading! Xx