The Setup

Evan had a crush on Connor Murphy. 

To most people, he was known as 'the next school shooter' or 'that emo kid,' but to Evan, he was known as the most beautiful person in the world. Jared, being Evan's only familyfriend of course knew about Evans crush, and being the great familyfriend he was, would tease Evan constantly. Every day, Evan regretted telling Jared more and more.

...

'Ugh. Connor, can you do my nails!' Zoe screeched from her room next door. No one would admit it, but Connor was the best in the family at painting nails. Even Cynthia secretly agreed.

'Fuck off,' Connor replied lazily, scrolling through a certain persons Instagram.

Zoe burst through the door dramatically.

'But I have a date and I can't do my right hand!' Connor deadpanned at Zoe.

'Should I care?' Connor earned an evil glare from his sister.

'Fine, if you don't do my nails, I might just accidentally let slip to mom that your sock drawer needs cleaning out because it smells suspiciously of weed...'

'UGHH. Fuck you! But fine.' Zoe plonked herself down on Connors bed and extended her hand, passing Connor the nail polish. The room was silent for a moment before Zoe broke it.

'Sooo, Con Con, how's my big bro. Long time no see.'

'Don't call me that ever again. And, I'm literally painting your nails right now. You can see me!'

'Just trying to ease the tension. We never talk anymore. I miss my brother.'

'Fine, we can talk!' Connor huffed.

'Sooo. Any girl troubles?'

'No.'

'Any school troubles?'

'No.'

'Any weed troubles'

'No.'

'Any digestion troubles?' Connor deadpanned

'What the hell Zo?!'

'Hey, at least it wasn't another no! but really, that one should've been the no-iest out of all of them. Unless...'

'Well, what about you? Who's the lucky gal you're going on your date with?'

'Actually, it's a guy this time.'

'What happened to Alana?'

'We both didn't think we were right for each other. We're still friends though.'

'Ha, my sister got friendzoned!' Zoe rolled her eyes.

'But really,' Connor continued, 'I am having a couple of, err, boy. Troubles.' Connor blushed. Zoe squealed.

'What really! Who is it?! Actually, no, don't answer, I want to guess! Is it... Jared?' Connor snorted. 'Ok no, what about... is it Evan?' Connor blushed harder. 'What? It is Evan! Ohmygod you too would be so cute together I totes ship it!'

'Don't make a big deal but yeah, its Evan. I just don't know how to... tell him. Ok your nails are done now you can leave now!' and Connor pushed Zoe out the door, no further questions.

Zoe ran into her room with a big smile on her face.

To: JKleinman

BetterThanConnor: Yo Jared, have you heard about Con and Evan?!

JKleinman: Yes, I already know Evan likes Connor if that's what you mean

BetterThanConnor: Wait, Ev likes Connor back!