Heros and visions-- Rilaya pt.1

{Maya's Point Of View}

Monday. another day, to another week. I shiver slightly as the morning air tickles my skin, peering over my shoulder to smile at the sun just barely rising over the tall buildings. I always loved the  short walk to the Matthew's house in the morning. I get to think without distractions. I love thinking about things, things like life, my future, love... Although, love has been a bit of a question mark for me lately. I feel fine, until the thought of being with another person pops into my head. Yes I want romance and stuff but, I don't know what I like anymore. I don't know what not knowing what I like anymore means either. That is a scary thought. 

Shoving my hands into my jean pockets I take in a deep breath of air before exhaling and entering the apartment complex where my best friend lives. 

Last night I had a dream. I was in this all white room, and I was wearing all white clothes and there was nothing else. I started frantically looking around the oddly cold space until a female figure appeared. Her back was facing me, so I tried calling out for her to get her attention, only I had no voice. I clutched onto my throat, and tears began to fill my eyes. Surprisingly the girl turned around and began walking towards me. I don't know who she was, but I felt close to her, closer to her than anyone else. She smiled sadly at me, wiping away my tears with the pad of her thumbs. I found myself staring into her eyes, wondering who was this mysterious girl. Within the blink of an eye, she was leaning in. I don't have the slightest clue as to why I didn't pull away, but instead I stood there and waited for her to kiss me. And just as she was about to, I woke up.

I knock on the door, and after a few moments Riley answers.

"Maya? You-- you okay," she asks in a nervous tone.

"What? Of course! I am great, what makes you ask that",I giggle.

"In all of my years of knowing you, you have never knocked on my door," she raises her eyebrows.

"Riles, i'm good. Really," I say before sliding into the dining table, Riley following shortly. 

"Sup Matthews, whats for breakfast," I smile.

"My specialty of gourmet scrambled eggs," he says proudly.

"Eww," Riley and i both whine.

"Lets grab something on the way to school," she says.

"Agreed," I say before looking at Corey who is pouting sadly.

"O-or we can eat this wonderful meal, your father has prepared for us," I force the words out of my mouth along with a tense smile.

"Bu-"

To spare her fathers feelings I pick up her fork, shoveling a bite of egg into her mouth.

She stares at me with wide eyes and I nudge her leg.

"Swallow", I whisper yell.

After a moment she forces the food down her throat.

"How is it Riley," he asks with a proud grin.

"Delicious," she squeals.

"Awe, you're the best! Well, see you two at school then," he says before grabbing his coat and walking out the door.

As soon as he leaves she desperately wipes her tongue off with her napkin making me chuckle.

"What does it taste like," I furrow an eyebrow.

"Try it and see," she rolls her eyes playfully before grabbing my hand and pulling me out the table with her. For some reason my heart accelerates at the sudden warmth. Hmm, didn't realize I was cold?