In My Blood--Camila Pt.1

1,2,3-- 1,2,3 -- 1,3,2 FUCK no no no, thats not right. 1 there is one leaf and one me so thats makes two of nothing. 1 leaf, 2 leaves, 3 leaves, four leaves-- whats after four? God why can't I remember? ? Damnit Y/n think! Why is everything spinning? I feel so cold, wait am I cold? Where did she go? She? Her name was.. her name is.. I CANNOT FUCKING THINK. I am so sleepy.

A tightness in my throat becomes prominent and my hands instinctively clutch the area as if its the only thing I know to do. The rest of my body feels numb and the only thing in my mind, is what happens next?

~~~~~

(1 Year Ago)

"Where is that damn key," I mumble tiredly to myself as I kneel down, checking under my parents bed for the missing item. Looking from left to right, the key to our safe is no where to be found. Groaning loudly I stand to my feet before walking to our kitchen  counter, eyes scanning the surface to no avail. Looking over my shoulder I note the time, 8:47, and the shiny little piece in front of it.

"Finally", I shake my head in annoyance. I have been searching for the damned thing for a solid 45 minutes! It is my job to open the safe and enter the money made from the work day into it every night. I never go to sleep without doing so, and it just so happens that i am particularly exhausted after nearly fighting reporters off my families property. I should mention my parents are the owners of the infamous Crescent Hotel located in a small town inside London.  recently a guest boarded with us and left in the middle of the night completely shaken. In no time at all the local news spread stories that our hotel is haunted and should be avoided at all costs. Thankfully, most guests are from out of town and are ignorant to the allegations. However, after check in, it usually doesn't take long for them to discover our hotel's history and get spooked and leave which is the reason we implemented a no refund policy. Decades ago, when this place was being constructed, a construction worker fell to his death, and that is only one of the  "ghosts" supposedly residing with us. The stories are so popular that they even spook my parents. During the day the work here with me, but at night they sleep in a small cabin not far from here. In all my years of working here I have yet to see one paranormal being. I have never been one to believe in such foolery. To me every myth is the same.

The Crescent Hotel is actually very large and old fashioned looking. That being said, it would be way to expensive to keep lights on everywhere, especially on a night like tonight, we have no guests. I have carry oil lamps whenever I need to leave the main suit, where I live comfortably with all my necessities. 

A crash of thunder resounds throughout the hall as I make my way towards the check in desk. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair lazily, placing the lamp on the window sill, stained with raindrops from the outside. 

Its enough light for the time being so I don't bother flipping the light switch to open the safe. I all the money is inside safe and sound, so I open the register and empty the contents, placing them in the safe before locking it back, throwing the key into my pant pocket. I turn around and nearly jump straight out of my skin.

A girl, stands before the desk staring directly into my eyes. She wears a black leather jacket and a black 1975 t-shirt underneath. Her soaking wet hair hanging loosely down her shoulders, a few strands clinging onto her light brown skin. Her face is expressionless and her hard and intense stare sends eery chills down my spine. Suddenly I feel smaller than I ever have and quite intimidated. 

"H-hi there! Didn't hear you come in," I chuckle nervously.

The girls expression never wavers making me feel even more anxious.

"Guess I am kinda quiet," she says.

"Ahem, how can I help you," I ask but not before clearing my throat in attempt to get rid of some of the thick and noticeable tension, failing, needless to say.