Chapter 1

The best friend.

Or he at least used to be the poor boy's best friend.

The greed and popularity the younger wanted had made them drift apart.

So now he sat alone a book held closely to his long body.

He ingored the eyes, the stares, the whispers and read on.

One day he would be free, from all this.

He would get to leave, go somewhere far away.

He wanted to be far away, anywhere but here. He wished he was a butterfly, he could just fly away into the cold winter air.

And be forgotten.

But he was still here a book cradled to his chest, hoping it would protect him. Glasses falling down the crook of his nose, him ignorantly ingorning it.

Eyes flitting over the words, world tuned out. Lost in his own world.

At least that's what it looked like to Kim Seokjin. But truthfully he was aware of everything.

Not reading a single word on his face, his eyes a bit watery as he heard the snippets of the words spread by the other students.

His glasses were falling off his nose but he ingored it, they judged every move he made. Even something as simple as moving his glasses up.

And to top it all off his former best friend, Park Jimin was part of the group. The group. The popular ones. The beautiful ones. He could feel his, judgmental but sympathetic eyes on Namjoon.

He wasn't getting bullied not necessarily, they never said anything to his literal face. They were nice to him really.

True, the only time they would speak to him would be when they needed a answer in class. But the smile on they're face as they said it, made all they difference to Namjoon.

If they bumped into him in the hallways, they would apologize. Friendly, they were that.

But Namjoon, heard them. The whispers that followed him. The rumors.

He ingored it, focused on his studies. His mother would have wanted that. The only reason he went on, for his mother.

He did all that he did for his mother.

She may have been dead.

But Namjoon existed for her.

Looking up a bit, his eyes fell on the shining face of Kim Seokjin.

He had his group of friends, he could hear the words they spoke. Wishpered words, rumoured words, friendly words passed along them. Laughter.

Sadness. Joy. Jealousy. Happiness. Sorrow. They had it all.

Jin enjoyed they're compay, they had been friends forever. He couldn't imagine his life without them, but they got dull.

They got more offended by the words he spoke, a simple goodbye to a younger student had offended them. They bullied others, they claimed they didn't. But he had seen the look on one of they're so called "friends". Kim Namjoon.

His friends were getting more and more on his nerves. He got quieter and quieter, they tended to notice this.

Asked if he was okay and he always said he was. Expect that one time, he had complained to one of them about how Yoongi would always be rude to that one kid again, Kim Namjoon.

He had immediately regretted it after, he didn't want him to find out what he had said. And ruin they're five year long friendship.

He didn't even know Kim Namjoon, why would he defend him?

He hated his life sometimes.

They both did.

*The italics mean nothing, I just enjoy writing in italics. And I prefer just leaving it that way it makes it seem better, at least to me :)*