Chapter 15

Jin watched Namjoon, out of the corner of his eyes. His main focus on the road.

His cute little face had hardened and he looked deep in thought. He couldn't help it when he asked.

"What are you thinking Joon?" He questioned and Namjoon pulled himself out of his head, and turned to stare at Jin.

"Nothing much" Namjoon replied, and Jin didn't quite understand why he felt a sting in his heart.

"Well, you were going to tutor me weren't you" Jin softly asks and Namjoon hastily nods glad the older changed the topic.

And so they started, Namjoon asked questions. Jin answered them incorrectly, Namjoon laughed a bit at the stupid answers Jin said.

Such as:

"Why do I care how much cake he needs for his party anyways?"

"I'm never actually going to use this is my life?"

"Why can't he ask his friends for some?"

"This is the stupidest shit I've ever heard."

"What if his sister doesn't like candy?"

Giggling a bit at the way the older was being Namjoon softly smiled and moved on to the next question.

Jin softly smiled, making Namjoon laugh was the only fun in this. Usually he hated math, but he was genuinely liking it. Hopefully he was learing something too.

"Ok, next question. If you're dad has five-"

Accidentally Jin blurted out his thoughts, his mouth was a bit uncontrollable. "My dad's dead."

Namjoon's eyes widened and his mouth dropped a bit down. Jin froze.

Shit.

"I-I barely knew him though"

Why had he even said that? Now what was Namjoon supposed to say now?

"I-um how about you're sister had five marbles, if the marbles were X and the amount of marbles your...mother had is Y. What's the slope of the graph, and is this continuous? Or is this discrete?"

Smiling a bit at how the younger hadn't made a big deal out of it. Jin tried to answer the question, he quite liked how Namjoon would never say 'I'm sorry.'

Truthfully he didn't understand why someone says that. Unless it was they're fault of course. They would mutter a 'I'm sorry.'

If he told them about his sister or his father. And then a uncomfortable silence would follow, and it would make Jin feel so awkward.

He's sister wasn't dead, just deaf. He loved her the way she was, he loved her no matter what. She still was the positive ray of sunshine that brightened their household, she was still the person who had always been there for Jin all his life.

She was still her, she was just deaf. And his father, he had died a year after Jin was born. Jin really had no memories of him. He felt sad that he had never really gotten to know his own father, but he wasn't heartbroken over the death of someone he barely knew.

And unlike everyone else, Namjoon didn't apologize for something that wasn't his fault. And that just made Jin a bit happier.

And so in the cool air, of the vanilla scented car. The two talked, they laughed, they giggled, they smiled, they felt sad. And a unexpected friendship blossomed.