22. James goes to the doctor

James was getting ready to go to school when his mom entered the room.

Jane. James, we have to go to your cancer doctor today.

James was not excited about that. He hated going to the doctor especially the cancer doctor. He hoped that one day he would be well again. They both arrived at the office. James was very nervous. A few minutes later, The nurse called him and Jane to the back. The nurse checked all of his vitals, his height, and his weight. They were all pretty good. After awhile, the doctor came in.

Doctor. Hi, I'm doctor ryan. How are you today James? Is this your mother? Jane right?

Jane. Yes. I'm Jane Carter, James's mother. It's very nice to meet you doctor Ryan.

Then the doctor ran a few tests on James to see if the cancer in his lungs had died down. A few minutes later, the test results came back. The nurse brought them in to Ryan.

Doctor Ryan. ok Mrs. Carter, I have the results back from James's tests.

Jane was nervous.

Ryan. It turns out that James's lung cancer is gone away. He is now in remission from cancer for now.

Jane was so happy to hear the good news.

Ryan. but I would still like to see James every 3 months to keep an eye on him. We don't want his cancer to coce back. He will still need to be on the oxygen machine to keep up with his breathing. Otherwise, y'all are good to go.

Jane was happy to hear the news. She agreed to the terms and made James's next appointment for the next three months. James was also happy to hear the news. He wished that his dad was still alive to hear about this as well. Jane and James arrived home. About 5 mins later, Susy came over to see James.

Susy. hi James. I didn't see you at school today. Is everything ok?

James told Susy everything about what happened at the doctor today. Susy was thrilled. James was going to be alright. Jane invited Susy over to stay for dinner. After dinner, Susy had to go home.

Susy. goodbye James. I'll see you at school tomorrow. Bye Mrs. Carter. Thank you for the lovely dinner. Have a good night.

James had a good day, but he knew that tomorrow will be much better.