24

we got home and unpacked the shopping, putting the food in the cupboards. it wasn't too long before lachlan arrived, only 15 minutes.

i realised we had left some things in the car so went back out the house to get them. i grabbed lannan's jacket and my purse and went back into the house.

as i put lannan's jacket down on the table, something in the inside pocket made a noise as it hit the surface. just as i was putting my hand in the pocket, i felt lannan's arm wrap around my waist from behind me, pulling me away from what was in his jacket. it felt like a small box.

"what are you doiiing" he giggled as he kissed my neck.

"i was just bringing your jacket in from the car"

"okay" he kissed my neck again and span me round so i was facing him. i leaned in and kissed him. i pulled away to the sound of lachlans car pulling into our drive, closely followed by a knock on the door.

"i better go let him in" lannan smiled, before pulling me in for one last, deep kiss.

"hey buddy" lachlan cheered as lannan swung open the door.

"hey man" lannan replied as they did a cool handshake before joining me in the kitchen.

"hey lachlan" i said pulling him in for a hug.

"hey (y/n), you alright?" he replied

"yes thanks, you?"

"yeah i'm all good"

after a couple of hours of chatting and laughing, lannan got up. 

"uh, lachy, come with me i want to show you something on my pc"

"um okay" they walked upstairs.

lannans pov

i had a plan and i needed lachlan to help me.

"uh, lachy, come with me i want to show you something on my pc"

"um okay"

he followed me upstairs and into my office.

"what do you want to show me?" lachlan asked confusedly whilst i was rummaging through my  clothes. i pulled out the box and showed it to him.

"i'm going to ask her to marry me. i love her so much and i can't wait to, hopefully, spend the rest of my life with her" i admitted.

"congrats dude, i'm sure she'll say yes, you can tell she's completely in love with you" he smiled, giving me a hug.

"you sure? i've been planning it for like a week, i'm so nervous. she almost found the ring earlier"

"what's your plan then?" he asked.

i explained to him what i wanted to happen and he agreed. we headed back downstairs and acted normal.