Serendipity -Jimin 💓

It was a rainy Sunday and I was sitting at home reading a book. My husband Jimin was at dance practice and wouldn't be home for a few hours. The two kids were playing with their dolls in the playroom and our puppy was passed out on the couch. The house was quiet, but I liked it that way. Until suddenly, my two girls ran from the playroom to the couch.

"Mommy! Mommy!" said Gray, the older one. "Me and Jazzy want to ask you a question!" Jazzy is my younger daughter. She's only a year younger than Gray. Jazzy's real name is Jasmine. I close my book, and fold the corner of the page I was on. "Yes?" I smile at my daughters.

At this point, the puppy woke up, and ran away somewhere. "How did you and daddy fall in love?" asked Jazzy. Her sentences weren't too great since she was only three. It was kind of cute.

"Well.. it was kind of serendipity, if you ask me," the three and four-year-old both tilted their heads. "What's that?" asked Gray.

"Serendipity means.. well, to put it short, it means happy accident." Both girls nodded. "Me and daddy have known each other since sixteen  years old and we fell in love at eighteen," I started.

"We started out as best friends and we never planned to date or marry each other..." I continued.

Flashback..

"Hey.. so.. I think it's time that I tell you.." I hear Jimin say over the phone. For some reason, I was a bit tense & nervous. Could this be bad? Could this be good? Could it be both? "What is it, Jimin?" I ask. I hear a light sigh from the other side of the phone.

"So.. we've been best friends since sixteen," he said. I wasn't expecting that.. "Yeah.." I replied. "And we've always planned to keep it that way.." he continued, making me slightly more nervous than before.

"Right...." I said.

A pause.......

"If this ruins our friendship, I'm sorry," this can't be good... "I like you."

I gaped.

"You- I- what?" I had no words. I seriously had no words; my mouth couldn't form them, and if it could, it would come out as gibberish. "This- is this a joke?" I asked. I could feel the tension even from over the phone.

"No.." said a somewhat shaky voice. "You know.. I have a little bit of a confession of my own.." I started. He also needed to know..

"And that is..?"

"I feel the same... and to be honest, I wasn't planning to catch feelings.."

"Maybe the love bug snuck in your house?" I chuckled. What a cutie..

"I love you, (y/n)."

"I love you too." I smiled, even though he couldn't see me do so.

Present day..

"And that's how it all started.." I finished. My three-year-old had fallen asleep. I'm guessing my story was really long.. but my four-year-old donned a big smile. "Aww, that's so cute!" She clapped. "I wanna story just like that!" Suddenly, the door opened, and revealed a somewhat sweaty-looking Jimin.

"(y/n), I'm home!" He announces. I get off from the couch, leaving Gray, Jazzy, and our pup. (She kind of ran back to the couch in the middle of the story.) I gave Jimin a quick kiss. "I thought you were gonna come back later," I said.

"Practice ended early today." He replied. "I'm glad it did because I know you missed me dearly." He teased, ruffling my hair. I hit his chest lightly. "Go shower," I chuckled. He goes to our master bedroom & moments later, I hear the shower turn on.

After about ten or fifteen minutes, I was greeted by a damp-haired Jimin. He wore a black T-shirt & grey sweats. My three-year-old moved from the actual couch to my lap. She slept soundly. My four-year-old went back to playing with her dolls. The puppy was also passed out, along with Jazzy.

Jimin saf down next to me on the couch. "What were you and the kids doing all this time?" He asked. "I was talking about our story." I said. "Aw, so you did miss me!" He teased, planting a kiss on my forehead. "Babe, seriously?" I laughed.

Idk how to end it off. So... welp. 😂