"Do me a favor..." -Namjoon

I am currently a freshman in college. And let me just say, I have a small mental breakdown every time I'm about to go to class. I literally stress over nothing! And I have to take a moment to collect myself five minutes before class. I literally started school three weeks ago. And yet, I'm still so jittery and nervous before class. But, at least I'm not facing college alone. My best friend Namjoon has to suffer with me!

He's also my (messy) dorm mate. We've been best friends for a long time. I love him to death and consider him my little big brother. And the reason I say 'little big brother' is because we have a huge gap in our heights.

I was in my dorm, getting ready for classes and calming myself down. I'm sitting on my bed, trying to reassure myself that I won't fail that quiz in two weeks.

"(y/n)?" Said Namjoon. I look up and see him standing in the doorway.

"I need to talk to you." He said in a firm tone. If I'm honest, I was a bit scared of what he was gonna tell me. He usually never talked in that tone unless he was mad at me.
"Um— what is it?" I stammered, genuinely nervous. Then there was a bit of a pause. About five or six seconds. But those five or six seconds felt like an eternity.

"I... I like your friend Maddy.." He said. "Please don't be mad at me..." He was quiet when he said that. Was he scared?

"I'm not mad," I said. "It's just.. why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you would be mad at me." He said. He had that quiet voice again. Namjoon hung his head. "(y/n).. it's okay if you're mad.. I can take it." He said, without looking at me.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Look at me," I said. He complied, lifting his head. His eyes met mine. They were glossy, as if he was at the verge of tears. "I swear, I'm not mad at you," I started. "Maddy is a great girl. I don't blame you for liking her." Namjoon smiled.

"So.. we're good?" He asked. I nodded. I lay my head on his shoulder and hug him. He hugs me back. "Do me a favor..." We separate from our hug. "Anything." He said.

"Don't break her heart." I say, grabbing all my stuff, about to leave. Class was about to begin. Namjoon gave a chuckle. "I promise I won't!" He yells from the other room. I was almost out the door. I smile slyly. "You better not!" I yell before going out the door.

Idk where this idea came from. 😂 I suck lmao.