Chapter 2

After school had ended, μ's went up to the roof to start practice. Eli hung by the door and waited for either Maki or Nico to show up. She and Nozomi had decided that whoever showed up first got to stay for this practice and then they'd alternate from there.

But, after a bit of waiting, neither of them had shown up. Everyone was getting worried that something had happened to them.

“Why don't we all go looking for them?” Honoka suggested.

“Yeah. We should make sure they didn't get into a fight, nya~” Rin added.

Umi nodded, “That's sounds like a good idea.”

Everyone split up into pairs of two or three and went looking around the school. Honoka, Umi, And Kotori started in the school, searching all the rooms for a sign of where either of them had went.

“Let's check the music room. Maybe Maki is in there.” Kotori suggested as they left the club room after having no luck there.

When they got there, there wasn't anyone inside and the door was locked. The three girls sighed and started heading to the classrooms to look there.

Hanayo and Rin were checking all the club meeting spots to see if they were hiding there. They weren't having any luck either.

“Where on earth could they be?” Hanayo asked as they finished checking another club spot.

Nozomi and Eli were searching outside the school to see if they had left. They didn't get far before hearing yelling.

“I think we found them,” Eli said as she started running toward the noise, Nozomi right behind her.

And she was right. Maki and Nico were fighting. Again.

“What should we do?” Eli asked.

“Let's see what happens. If they start getting violent, we’ll step in.” Nozomi stated, “I wanna see if they'll give anything away.”

“Alright.” Eli agreed.

The two of them stood by the two, watching them with caution. For a while, they just continued bickering back and forth about whatever was bothering them. Mainly it was Nico complaining about how unfair her life was.

Then, something shocking happened. Nico let out a semi-screech and tackled Maki to the ground. The two of them started fighting. Nico seemed to be trying to cause as much damage as possible while Maki was trying to defend herself.

Nico was punching and kicking as hard as she could. Maki tried her best to block, or at least lessen, the blows. Most of the times she couldn't. Nico had her almost pinned to the ground.

“Eli, go stop them.” Nozomi said.

“Me?” Eli asked.

Nozomi nodded, “I'm going to find everyone else.”

“Alright.” Eli nodded and started running toward the fighting girls.

Nozomi headed the opposite way in search of the others.

“Hey! Stop it!” Eli yelled as she yanked Nico off of Maki and threw her aside.

Nico pushed herself up and glared at Eli, before standing up and storming off. Eli sighed and let her go. She couldn't go after her until she knew if Maki was okay.

“You okay?” She turned to Maki, who was slowly pushing herself into a sitting position.

“Y-Yeah… I'm fine…” Maki stammered out.

“Don't lie.” Eli warned.

Maki sighed, “Do you really think I'm okay after that?”

“No. But I don't know what the problem is.” Eli replied.

Maki held a hand to her knee, “This is the worst of the pain. When she tackled me, it got bent unnaturally.”

“Let me see.” Eli pushed Maki’s hand away and examined the wound.

Her knee was still swelling and it was really red. When Eli touched it, Maki let out a small gasp.

“Can you stand? I think the nurse should look at it.” Eli asked.

Maki shrugged, “I don't know.”

Eli stood up and held out her hands. Maki hesitantly grabbed them. Eli pulled her to her feet. Maki didn't stay standing long. She quickly fell. Into Eli.

“Well, I don't think you can walk.” Eli stated.

“No duh.” Maki muttered through gritted teeth.

“Maki-Chan!”

The two of them turned to see everyone running toward them. Maki tried to push herself away from Eli and stand up again, but Eli wasn't letting that happen. She held Maki down to her chest with one arm.

“Eli… let me go.” Maki whined.

“I'm not letting go. You can't stand. Don't hurt yourself worse.” Eli stated, a little too harshly.

“This is embarrassing!” Maki whined.

“Then you can sit on the ground.” Eli replied.

Maki sighed. She stared at everyone as they gathered around them.

“What happened? Where's Nico-chan?” Honoka asked as soon as she stopped running.

“She ran off after I pulled her away.” Eli explained.

Umi glanced at the two girls, “Is everything okay?”

“Everything's fine. Maki-chan hurt her leg a little, that’s all,” Eli replied before Maki could.

“Well, why don't you guys try and find where Nico got to. Eli-chi and I will take Maki-chan to the nurse.” Nozomi suggested.

“Where'd she go?” Honoka demanded.

Eli pointed to the side entrance of the school, “She ran thru there.”

The five girls ran off in that direction in search of Nico.

“Why'd you do that?” Eli asked Nozomi once they were gone.

“It's easier this way. They wouldn't shut up with the questions.” Nozomi stated.

“True. They wouldn't.” Eli agreed.

Nozomi stared at Maki, “I'm assuming you can't walk.”

“Yeah…” Maki mumbled.

“Well, you have two options. Either you climb on my back or I'm carrying you.” Nozomi offered.

Maki shot back in surprise, ending with her falling to the ground and crying out in pain. Eli knelt beside her and made sure she was alright.

“Can't you just help me walk?” Maki asked.

“It'll take too long. The nurse will be leaving soon.” Eli explained.

“Fine… I'd rather be on your back then.” Maki sighed, not enjoying the situation she was in.

Of course Nico would do this! She just wants to ruin everything!

Eli helped Maki back up to her feet and then onto Nozomi’s back. After she wasn't going to fall off, the three of them started walking to the nurse’s office, hoping she was still there.