Chapter 22

“So, what did you find out?” Once everyone was gathered at the park, they started the discussion right away.

“They have her. And it seems like they aren't being too nice to her.” Nico replied, seething with anger.

“What should we do?”

“Let's discuss that in private.”

They all headed over to a quiet area. They would often go there when they needed a break from the noise. They sat in a circle and started talking.

“Well, the easiest thing I can think of doing is to find a way in when they aren't around. But, we would have to know the route. Who knows how long we would have inside.” Nico started off the suggestions.

“Maybe we could just force them to let her go?” Hanayo suggested, trying to find a more legal way to do it.

“Yeah, and then they'd hurt her.” Nico retorted.

“How about we cause a distraction to keep them out and get in? But, how can we get in?” Nozomi asked.

“They had a key hidden outside. If it's there we could use it.” Eli recalled.

Nico nodded, “That's right! We could probably do that!”

“Unless they planned for it and they removed the key from its place.” Umi warned.

“You think they would know we knew the key spot?”

“They wouldn't want to take any chances if they were smart.” Umi stated.

“Well, what plan are we going with?”

“I agree that we should try to sneak in when they aren't home. It would make life a lot easier for all of us.”

“Except if they have video cameras that can show us breaking into their home. Then we'll be arrested.” Eli reminded them.

“Oh… what the hell do we do then?!” Nico was growing extremely frustrated.

Umi placed a hand on Nico’s shoulder, “Hey, calm down. We will figure this out.”

“Blowing up and winging it is the worst thing we could do right now. We just have to take some time to work this out.”

“I know… it just seems like we aren't getting anywhere.” Nico mumbled.

“We need to know the house. That's the only way we can truly come up with a plan. So, perhaps tonight someone could get a closer look?” Kotori suggested.

“How about two people go? It might be risky with only one.” Honoka stated.

“Any volunteers?” Umi asked, nodding in agreement with Honoka.

“Nico, you aren't going.” Eli stated sternly as the black-haired girl started to open her mouth.

Nico gave her a betrayed look, “Why not?”

“You'll let your emotions take control. It's best you stay behind.” Eli told her.

Nico sighed and didn't argue. She knew it would be pointless.

“I'll go. Who else wants to go with me?” Nozomi said.

“Can I?” Kotori asked.

“Sure.”

Everyone had gone to their homes to wait for it to get darker outside. After they deemed it dark enough, the scouting started.

“I'll go around the back. You stay here and watch.” Nozomi told Kotori, before carefully sneaking behind the house.

Kotori scanned the front of the house, making sure to note anything that seemed out of place or too perfect. But, she didn't see anything. It looked as normal as the houses around it. Kotori was surprised. She was certain they'd have put up something to prevent them from getting to Maki. It really wasn't looking like it, though.