Chapter 19

“I wanna get revenge on her.”

“Nico, why? Is it worth it, honestly?”

“Yes it is, Maki. She needs to be shown she can't mess with me.” Nico declared.

Maki shook her head at Nico. After they had woken up and gotten dressed, Nico had decided that now as the time to discuss payback for the spell.

“What the hell are you even thinking of doing?” Maki sighed.

Nico shoved a paper in her face, “Get her and Eli together.”

“And that is punishment how?” Maki asked as she examined the paper.

Nico shrugged, “Well, I was thinking of embarrassing them during it.”

“No. You shouldn't do that to someone.” Maki sternly told her.

Nico pouted, “Why not?”

“Would you want them doing that to us?” Maki asked.

“Nozomi did! She teased us about confessing and told everyone!” Nico defended.

“That's different. If it's around μ's then that's fine. But you can't do it in public.” Maki stated.

Nico sighed, “Fine… I'll change the plan… I'm still getting them together, though. I'm sick of seeing them act so lovey-dovey and yet deny they love each other.”

“You sure this is punishment?” Maki asked again.

“I'll make it a punishment somehow!” Nico declared.

Maki shrugged, “I want nothing to do with it.”

“Why not?!” Nico pouted.

She had been hoping Maki would agree to help her. At least then she couldn't be the only one who got punished if it was found out.

“I see no reason to do anything. You can do as you please by yourself.” Maki reasoned.

“Fine. I'll do it myself.” Nico stated.

Nico put her plan into action at school. While in the club room, Nico made a few comments about Nozomi and Eli flirting or giving each other that look. Umi scolded her quite badly for being so shameless.

Then as they were heading to class, Nico snickered at how they were holding hands like a couple would. Eli got mad and chased Nico off.

The two of them refused to talk to Nico after that. That wasn't the best considering they were partners on a project.

Halfway through class, Eli left to use the bathroom. Nico tried to no avail to get Nozomi to talk to her. She wouldn't even look at Nico.

“Nozomi, come on. I was just messing with you guys. I'm sorry if I upset you.” Nico had no option but to apologize for her behavior earlier.

Nozomi still wouldn't respond. Nico sighed and was going to give up.

“Do you love her?” Nico didn't think it was the best question to ask, but she tried anyway.

“I'm back.” Eli came back and interrupted them.

“I hate this project…” Nico muttered as she rested her head on the table.

“Everyone does.” A kid on the floor next to them answered.

“Maki, I need your help.” At lunch, Nico tracked down Maki.

“With what?” Maki asked suspiciously.

“I might've messed up… Nozomi won't talk to me now. I apologized to them and Eli forgave me, but Nozomi won't even say anything. What do I do?” Nico confessed.