Chapter 16

“So, time for our plan.” Nozomi giggled.

“You find this enjoyable, don't you?” Eli sighed.

“Maybe.” Nozomi stated innocently.

“So, can you explain it again. Simpler this time, please.” Eli asked.

Nozomi nodded, “I'm gonna put a small curse on Nicochi. She's going to have bad luck all day until the person she loves the most besides family assists her three times.”

“So, if she truly loves Maki, then it'll break after the third time?” Eli asked, making sure she understood.

Nozomi smiled, “Yep! And if not… we'll have to make them get... closer.”

“And what exactly are you thinking of?”

“Your mind is going to naughty places, isn't it? That may be an option, but I don't want to make them do it without wanting to.”

“Can we just cast the spell already?”

“Sure.” Nozomi nodded and grabbed the paper the spell was written on.

The next day, Nico was indeed having very bad luck. It started with her falling off the bed as she woke up and then messing up making cereal of all things.

“Are you alright?” Maki was growing concerned as Nico fell while trying to put on her shoes.

“Y-yeah… help me up, would you.” Nico replied, holding out her hands.

Maki grabbed Nico and helped her to her feet.

“I swear to God, if Nozomi is to blame…” Nico muttered as they walked to school.

Once they safely reached the school, Nico stormed off to find Nozomi and demand an explanation. Maki shook her head at her girlfriend and then went over to join her fellow first-years at the gate.

“What's up with Nico-chan today?” Hanayo asked Maki.

Maki shrugged, “I'm not sure, but she thinks Nozomi made her have bad luck.”

“Can Nozomi-chan do that, nya?” Rin asked.

Maki shrugged again, “I don't know. I still don't really believe in that stuff she does anyway.”

“Should we go inside and make sure she's okay? You did say she wasn't having a good day, right?” Rin asked.

“I guess we could. But, why do you care?” Maki replied.

“I wanna see if it's true!” Rin declared.

“Fine. Let's go.” Maki muttered as the three of them headed into the school.

Nico and Nozomi were standing to the side of the hallway. Eli was on the other side watching them.

“You did something! I know it!” Nico was yelling at Nozomi, who was just smiling innocently.

“Whatever are you talking about, Nicochi?” Nozomi asked, keeping on her innocent smile.

“You made me have bad luck!” Nico stated closing more distance between them until she was nearly touching the taller girl.

“I did no such thing. Why would you think it would be me?” Nozomi pouted, faking crying.

Nico sighed, “Nozomi! I know you're behind this! Now cut it out and stop it!”

“Even if I did do it, I wouldn't stop it.” Nozomi replied.

Maki darted forward and grabbed Nico as she tried to lunge at Nozomi, who had started walking away with Eli at her side.

“Calm down. You'll draw attention.” Maki hissed.

“B-but-” Nico started to protest, before getting cut off as Maki gave her a quick kiss.

“Leave it. She won't admit it anyway.” Maki stated.

“Fine. I'll let it go. But you better help me when something happens.” Nico demanded.

Maki nodded, “I will if I can.”

Hanayo and Rin secretly gushed over the two of them being so lovey with each other in public. That wasn't something that would happen much.

Throughout the day, Nico still had bad luck. But, mysteriously it stopped by lunch. Nico was still glaring daggers at Nozomi as the nine girls sat together to enjoy their lunches.

“Did you stop it? Had enough of me nagging you?” Nico still firmly believed Nozomi was to blame.

“Did it stop? I told you, Nicochi, I have nothing to do with this.” Nozomi replied, giving her the smile she often used to feign innocence.

“I will get you to admit it was you!” Nico declared.

Nozomi giggled, “What if I just said that now? Would that please you?”

“You won't. I know it.” Nico stated firmly.

“Why wouldn't I? Does it matter that much if I'm not sincere?” Nozomi asked.

Nico glared at her, “I give up!”

The rest of lunch was quiet. But, Nico still occasionally felt the need to glare at Nozomi, who pretended not to notice.

“So, it worked then?”

Eli and Nozomi were chatting in the Student Council room. The one place they thought that they should be able to openly talk about the episodes of today.

“It seems like it. Nicochi knew instantly it was me? Was I that obvious?” Nozomi asked.

Eli nodded, “Well, I mean, you are the only one who really dabbles in that stuff. It shouldn't be that surprising that she figured it out.”

“Yeah. That is true.” Nozomi agreed.

“So, any new info?” Eli fiddled with a stack of papers, trying to fix the jumbled mess they had ended up in.

“It was you, huh? You might wanna not talk about that so openly.” Maki entered the room.

Eli glanced her way, “Were you spying on us?”

“No. I was passing by and I heard you guys!” Maki defended, becoming flustered by the accusation.

“Well, I did do that. But, it was for a good reason, trust me.” Nozomi said, walking over to Maki and pulling her in the room while shutting the door.

“Are you going to explain the reason or just leave me to guess?” Maki asked as she was forced into a chair beside Eli.

“I can't really explain much. All I can say is that something is going to happen in the near future. It's going to be you and Nicochi who have to deal with it. So, be careful. I don't know what is going to happen exactly.” Nozomi warned her.

Maki sighed, “More… why can't everything just be normal?”

“I think we all wish it could be normal.” Eli cut in.

“Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next, then, won't we?” Maki asked.

“That's all we can do.” Nozomi agreed.