Chapter 15

“Why'd you call us here, Honoka-chan?” Hanayo asked.

“Well, uh, I was hoping you guys would help out with something.” Honoka explained nervously.

“And what exactly do you want us to do?” Maki questioned, getting suspicious.

Honoka chuckled nervously, “Um… Umi-chan wants to confess to Kotori-chan.”

“Wait. What?”

“Yeah… please don't ask why…” Umi mumbled, blushing.

“What are we going to do to help?” Rin asked.

“Well. We have a longer lunch tomorrow so we were gonna do a scavenger hunt until it leads her to Umi.” Nico explained simply, not wanting Honoka's long explanation she gave to them earlier.

“So, you mean we have to guide her around school until she reaches Umi?” Maki asked.

“Yeah. You'll give her a question or a riddle and if she gets it you let her go to the next room. We're gonna tell her it's because of a confession, so ask if she knows who it is. If she does, take her to Umi-chan on the roof.” Honoka confirmed.

“Okay. Is everyone in?” Nico asked the three first years.

They all nodded, eager to finally get Umi and Kotori together. After only a week of meeting them, everyone knew they liked each other.

“Good. Let's get planning!”

“Why can't we just leave them alone?”

“I don't know exactly why, but I do know a temptation will soon be encountered and unless they get closer, it will break them.”

“It's at times like these I wish your cards were wrong sometimes.”

“I wish the same thing. But, we have to figure this out now that there's no work around.” Nozomi stated softly.

“Are you sure this is the only way to test it? Can't it be done without a spell?” Eli asked, her fingers tracing over the sheets of her bed nervously.

“I don't know how much time we have left. It has to happen soon.” Nozomi replied, “I wish I could know more, but the cards only tell so much.”

“It's not your fault. Now let's think about how to do this. That's why you're here after all.” Eli quickly changed the subject back.

“Okay. We have to wait a few days to do it, though. Apparently Umi is confessing to Kotori tomorrow. Everyone else is helping with it.” Nozomi explained as she pulled out a small book.

“Really? After all this time? But why does she need that much help?” Eli asked.

“They're going a bit overboard with the confession, I believe.” Nozomi answered.

“Sounds like a Honoka plan to me.” Eli chuckled.

Nozomi giggled as well, “I'm sure it was, Elichi.”

~The Next Day~

“Everyone ready?”

“Hai!”

“Go to your spots. She'll be at her locker soon.”

As everyone dashed around to the empty rooms they were to stay in, Kotori opened her locker and found a letter. She opened it and read the note over a few times.

Dear Kotori,

I think it's about time I tell you this. I love you.

You probably don't know who am I just from this letter. Go to your club room and you'll get a clue.

From, Unknown

Kotori slowly headed over to the club room, note in hand. She opened the door and walked inside.

“Good afternoon, Kotori-chan! I assume you got the letter?” Honoka was waiting in there for her.

Kotori nodded, “What's this about?”

“We thought we'd have some fun with this. So, do you know who it is?” Honoka explained.

Kotori shook her head.

“Well, I guess I'll send you to the next stop. All these rooms mean something, by the way. The next room is a place of freedom and loneliness.” Honoka told her.

Kotori gave her a confused look, “Huh?”

Honoka shrugged, “You have to figure it out.”

“Is it the music room?” Kotori asked.

Honoka nodded, “Yep!”

“Okay… I guess I have to go there?”

“Yes.”

“Bye?” Kotori said as she headed out of the room and down the hall.

She walked in the music room and was greeted by Rin.

“Any idea who it is yet?” Rin asked.

Kotori though for a few minutes, before shaking her head.

“Okay. Well, the next room is a room filled with excitement and boredom.” Rin stated.

“Auditorium?” Kotori guessed.

Rin nodded, “Yep! Good luck, nya!”

Kotori sighed as she started the walk to the next location. She pondered who it could be as she went.

“So, music… they have something to do with it… and what could the club room mean? Is it someone in μ's then? And auditorium… uh…” Kotori mumbled as she walked into the room.

“That didn't take long.” Maki was waiting there on the stage.

“What does the auditorium mean?” Kotori asked.

“Oh. Uh, I guess I can tell you. It's an intimidating place.” Maki replied hesitantly.

“How many people are left?”

“Hanayo and Nico are left.”

“Do I have to go?”

“Unless you guess right or you don't want to know, then yes.” Maki stated.

“Is it Umi-chan?” Kotori quietly asked.

Maki didn't give her any confirmation, “Any reason for guessing her?”

“She and Honoka-chan left class really quickly and if she isn't helping…” Kotori explained.

“Well, you're right. She's on the roof waiting.” Maki told her.

Kotori quickly turned and left the auditorium. She headed for the stairs and ran up them. She was nervous.

As she reached the top, she slowed and hesitated. After a moment of preparation, she bravely opened the door and walked out. Umi was standing at the end of roof staring down at the courtyard.

“Umi-chan?” Kotori called as she approached her.

Umi turned around, “That's was fast.”

“It would've taken longer if I wasn't told who was helping. It left you as the only choice.” Kotori explained.

“So… I…” Umi didn't know how to continue.

“I love you too.” Kotori whispered as she lightly pecked Umi on the cheek.

“W-would you… be my… girlfriend?” Umi stammered out.

Kotori smiled and nodded, “Of course, Umi-chan.”

After that, they walked back to the club room where everyone would be waiting. They entered hand in hand and announced the good news.

...

New Love Live book in the making. Probably will come out after the new year. It's hard to write because it's in someone's POV and they use "-chan". Every. Single. Name. Is. -Chan.