Chapter 17

A few days went by without any issues. Maki had started doubting that Nozomi really knew anything bad was to happen.

“Class, this is Anika Soji. She'll be joining us for the rest of the year.” The homeroom teacher for the first-year class announced.

“Nice to meet you all!” Anika stated as she cheerfully took a seat.

After class, everyone had met up in the club room, except for one.

“Where is Nico?” Umi demanded.

Everyone shrugged, not knowing the answer.

“I'll go find her…” Maki sighed, knowing she'd be the one they chose anyway.

She got up and headed out of the room. She had no idea where to really start, so she just went to some places where Nico liked to hang out.

As Maki approached the room where the third-years had their classes, she heard whispering.

“Why not? It wouldn't hurt if no one finds out. Please?”

Maki couldn't deny that the voice belonged to the overly enthusiastic new student she had met earlier in the day.

“I refuse.”

The other voice was Nico's. Maki wished it wasn't. She had no idea what they were discussing, but she had a feeling that this was what Nozomi had predicted.

“I can give you everything she can't. Why won't you come with me?”

“I won't do that to her.”

Maki crept closer to the room. She was hesitant to burst in and demand an answer. What if she was mistaken? She'd make a fool out of herself.

“Please? Just one day?”

“N-no!”

Maki peaked in through the window and saw a scene she never wished to have seen. Anika was leaning over Nico, their lips nearly touching. Nico was frozen in shock, unable to react properly as the younger girl pressed their lips together.

Maki backed away. She knew Nico hadn't agreed to it. She had hope that Nico would storm out. But as she waited, it didn't happen.

Maki peaked in again to see that the kiss had become more intense. But, she could also see the disgust filling Nico's face as it happened.

Any normal girl would have stormed in and broken up by now. But, Maki preferred to observe before reacting. Now that she had her answer, she opened the door.

“Ah, M-Maki-san!” Anika stammered as she pushed herself off of Nico, who quickly put distance between them.

“Get out of here, you bitch.” Maki growled as she walked over to Nico and pulled her closer in a possessive manner.

“Hmpf. Well, I'll let you decide what to take from this then.” Anika stated as she walked out, her head held high.

“M-Maki, it isn't what it looks like!” Nico quickly stated, pressing herself closer to Maki.

“I know. I watched it go down. That's why I yelled at her and not you. I'm not angry at you, I'm angry at her.” Maki replied.

Nico wrapped her arms around Maki, “I'm sorry I didn't stop her…”

“It's fine. She shouldn't have forced herself on you.” Maki stated, hugging Nico back tightly.

“Maki?” Nico asked as the taller girl refused to let go after a few minutes.

“Just a little longer?” Maki mumbled, still refusing to let go of Nico.

“Ara~” Nozomi chimed as she looked at a card she had drawn moments ago.

“What?” Everyone was a little concerned, knowing how some of Nozomi’s predictions went.

“I can't say. It's not something for you to know.” Nozomi said, smirking slightly as she leaned over to Eli and whispered something in her ears.

“Alright. Let's go to the club room.” Maki sighed as she finally released Nico from her grip.

The two of them walked hand in hand through the hall. Along the way, they did see Anika again. She simply huffed and stormed off, seeing that her plan to break them up had failed.

“Hey! One minute.” Maki chased her down.

“What?” Anika snapped at her.

“Did my dad send you to do this?” Maki demanded.

Nico watched them talk from a distance. She couldn't hear what they were saying, but she could tell it wasn't a pleasant conversation.

“Maybe he did.” Anika huffed as she walked away again.

Maki glared at her receding figure, before calming herself and going back to where Nico was standing. She said nothing as they walked back to the club room.

“We’re back!” Nico announces as she plopped down in her seat.

“What was keeping you?” Umi demanded.

“Well, this girl wanted to talk… it took a lot longer than I thought it would.” Nico stated, lying only slightly.

“Anyway, let's get to work.” Umi brushed off her response and got up.

“Hey, you still seem kind of grumpy.” Nico sat down beside Maki as she did her homework.

“Do I?” Maki asked doubtfully.

“Yeah. What's bothering you? Are you still upset over that?” Nico pushed.

“Maybe…” Maki didn't really confirm if that was the case.

Nico sighed as she pulled the textbook away from Maki and set it on a table, “Come on. Can I do anything to help?”

Maki didn't reply right away. And when she did, it wasn't through any words.

Maki pulled Nico into a hug, pressing her face against the older’s neck.

“M-Maki?” Nico stammered out, shaken from the sudden boldness of the normally shy girl.

“You're mine.” Maki stated simply, continuing with her actions casually.

...

There will be some smut next chapter. I haven't written gxg smut in ages. I've done a lot of bxb (which you might've noticed if you looked at my other books) but not any published gxg. So, this should be interesting.

I'll give one piece of information regarding my book I'm working on as well.

It's called Angelic Angel and is in Honk's POV except for bonus/omake parts. I'm not spoiling the details yet.