Chapter 5

“One, two, three, four.” Umi called as she clapped her hands in rhythm with the dance.

Everyone had decided to try and practice elsewhere for a day or so just so that Maki could be involved since she  had agreed to come back to practices.

They were currently in an old parking lot that was going to be fixed up in a month. Since it was so broken, no one parked there or even went near it. It was a nice desolate place where they could be alone.

“Alright. That's enough for today.” Umi stated after they finished the routine.

Everyone went over to their bags and grabbed some water. They sat in a circle and talked for a while.

“Well, I'm gonna go and see about Nico-chi.” Nozomi said, smiling mischievously.

“Have fun?”

“Oh, I will.” Nozomi smiled as she left them.

“Should we be concerned?”

“Maybe? But, it's not like we can do anything about it.”

“Yeah. I guess we'll just have to see tomorrow then.”

“We should go home. It's getting late.” Eli stood up.

“Yeah, I guess we should,” Umi agreed, standing as well.

Soon everyone had gotten their things together and started the walk home. They stayed together until they had to turn a different way or made it to their house.

Nozomi stood outside Nico’s house. The lights were off, meaning that no one was home or they were asleep. She waited patiently behind a wall. Once Nico came home, she'd hopefully be able to get her without anyone knowing.

After a while of waiting, Nico finally showed up. She was about to open the door when Nozomi stepped out behind her. Nico turned around and started backing away.

“Don't even think about running,” Nozomi stated, doing her washi washi hands.

Nico narrowed her eyes, but stayed still, “What do you want?”

“You're going to tell me everything. Or else I'm going to have some fun with you.” Nozomi replied.

Nico’s eyes went wide, before they dropped and she slumped in defeat, “Fine… come inside.”

The two girls walked inside.

“No one's home right now. Mom took my siblings on a trip.” Nico explained as she sat at her kitchen table.

Nozomi sat on the opposite side of her, “That makes this easier then, doesn't it? No one will interrupt us.”

“Just ask the questions.” Nico sighed.

Nozomi laughed slightly, “You know the question, Nico-chi.”

“I don't. You guys keep asking different ones.” Nico mumbled.

“Why do you hate Maki-chan? That's what I want to know.” Nozomi clarified.

“I'll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone else.”

“Deal.”

“Alright. Well, the truth is…”

The next day, everyone gathered in the club room as always. This time, Nico showed up. Everyone was staring at her in surprise, except for Maki, who simply huffed and looked away.

“You finally decided to come back, huh?” Umi asked Nico.

“Yeah. So what?” Nico challenged.