Chapter 8

After dinner, the group of girls hung out in Honoka's room talking about whatever.

“We should play a game!” Honoka declared.

“Like what?” Rin asked.

“Truth or dare?” Honoka suggested, “or we can play a board game. Or watch a movie…”

“Well, we can try. Everyone, no really personal questions and no outrageous dares, understood!?” Umi stated.

“Hai!” The rest of the girls echoed.

“Who wants to start?”

“Honoka-chan, you suggested it. You should start.”

“Okay! Uh, Eli-chan, truth or dare?” Honoka stammered, not prepared to start the game.

“Truth.” Eli replied.

“You're boring…” Nozomi whined.

Honoka thought about her question for a while, “Okay, um, what is a secret hobby of yours that we don't know about?”

“There's a reason it's a secret!” Eli stated.

“Please?” Honoka begged.

Eli shook her head, “N-no…”

“Fine. You ask someone then.”

“Nozomi, Truth or dare?” Eli turned to face Nozomi.

“Dare.”

“I dare you to kiss anyone in this room.”

“What type of kiss?”

“Whatever you're comfortable with.”

“Alright. Any volunteers?”

No one spoke up. Nozomi smirked and turned to Eli.

“H-Hey, why me?” Eli stammered out.

“You asked for it.” Nozomi chuckled as she leaned forward.

Everyone was half expecting Nozomi to go all out on her. At the same time, they were expecting Eli to push her away and run. Instead, Nozomi quickly kissed her cheek and then pulled back.

“Was that so bad?” Nozomi asked, giving an innocent smile.

Eli was blushing insanely. She glanced at everyone and saw them struggling not to laugh.

“Just ask someone the question.” Eli mumbled.

“Umi, truth or dare?” Nozomi asked.

“Truth. I don't trust you with a dare.” Umi muttered.

“What was the cruelest thing you've ever done to someone.” Nozomi asked her, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

“Uh… uh…” Umi mumbled, her eyes wide.

“Come on, Umi-chan. Just answer it.”

“Well, I guess it'd have to be this one kid… he was a little too clingy and wanted to date me. I kept saying no and he understood. But, he still did a few things I didn't like. One day I asked him out to prom and promptly dumped him in front of his friends.” Umi admitted.

“Wow. That's pretty cruel. But, he kinda deserved it.” Rin said.

“I guess…” Umi mumbled.

Honoka gave her a worried look, “Did he retaliate?”

“Yeah. But, he quickly got arrested for it, so…” Umi trailed off, hoping they'd understand she didn't want to talk about it.

“Okay. You don't have to say anything more.”