Chapter 20

The next day was interesting, at least to Nico. Eli and Nozomi didn't announce they were dating to anyone. So, life just went on as normal. They had morning practice and then went to class.

"Why haven't you guys said anything?" Nico couldn't stand it any longer and needed to know why they were being so secretive.

"I just don't feel ready to tell them." Nozomi explained.

"Oh. Okay. Is there any reason why?" Nico was a bit confused. Everyone in μ's would obviously be okay with they were gay. For heaven's sake they had her and Maki and Kotori and Umi.

"No."

"Well, you do you. I'm not gonna say anything. Though, Maki knows as well." Nico shrugged.

"She does? How?" Eli asked.

"Well, when I went back to meet her, I had to explain and I told her." Nico explained, glancing over to see Nozomi's reaction.

"What did she say?" Nozomi asked.

"Uh... kinda yelled at me for a bit and that was it..." Nico mumbled, rubbing a hand over her neck as she gave a lopsided smile.

"You deserved it, didn't you?" Eli asked, giving her a smirk.

"Maybe?" Nico mumbled, glancing at the floor.

The two other girls burst into giggles. Nico turned red with embarrassment.

...

When lunch came around, they finally told everyone the news. It was met with plenty of happy responses.

"Wow, isn't it weird how almost all of us are dating someone else in μ's?" Honoka asked, her eyes sparkling with joy. From what? No one really knew.

"A-actually... Uh, Rin-chan and I also started dating a while ago... we just never told anyone." Hanayo mumbled.

Rin nodded to confirm, "Yep!"

"So, Honoka is the only one who isn't dating a member in μ's?" Kotori asked.

"Yeah." Honoka chuckled.

"You like someone, don't you?" Umi gave her a suspicious look.

"Maybe?" Honoka mumbled, diverting her gaze.

"Ooh, who is it?" Rin asked excitedly.

"N-no one in particular..." Honoka's face slowly started to grow red.

"Why won't you tell us?" Kotori asked.

"I-i... it's Tsubasa, okay? I guess I kinda like her..." Honoka mumbled out, feeling uneasy with all the pressure on her.

"So that's why you have her number, isn't it? I've seen you texting her quite often recently as well." Umi stated.

"N-no! We have each other's numbers because we just wanted to stay in touch!" Honoka defended.

"We all know that isn't true, Honoka. Don't try and lie." Umi warned, much to everyone's amusement.

"Well, that might've not been the reason, but that was what we said." Honoka mumbled.

"Did you tell her you like her?" Nozomi teased.

"N-no!" Honoka went wide eyes as she frantically shook her head.

"Why not?"

"I... I don't know if she likes me back. I don't want to ruin everything..." Honoka replied.

"Come on! Live a little, Honoka."

"I don't know..." Honoka sighed, "I'm not the best at this."

"We can't force you to do it, but I think you should try." Umi said.

"Alright. I guess I can try..." Honoka mumbled as she took out her phone.

...

"Hey, I'm gonna go on a walk. I'll be back later." Maki stated as she peaked her head into the living room where Nico was working on some homework.

"Okay. See you later." Nico replied, not picking her gaze up from the paper in front on her.

"Did Honoka say if she got a reply yet?" Maki asked.

Nico shrugged, "She hasn't texted us."

"Okay. See you!" Maki put on her shoes and headed outside.

Nico sighed as she stretched and pushed her homework away for a bit. She had only been doing it because Maki yelled at her for not doing anything. Nico stood up and decided to make herself something to drink and eat.

Not knowing how late Maki would end up being, Nico didn't make anything for her. She could wait a few minutes after she came home for her to make something.

As she sat down to eat, her phone turned on as a notification flashed on the screen. Nico grabbed her phone and looked at it. A few members had started chatting in the group chat. Nico opened it up and scrolled to the first message sent that evening. It was Kotori asking Honoka is she had made any progress.

It appeared as thought she did, Nico realized as she scrolled through the conversation. The response was positive and it looked as though they were nearly dating now.

Everyone was pestering her as to why she would ask that. Honoka replied that she didn't know how to put it. So, everyone, well, everyone but Maki and Nico were replying to give her ideas. Nico just watched them in amusement as they kept arguing.

After what seemed like ages, Honoka had chosen her response. It was the one Eli had suggested. She said she sent it and everyone waited to see if she'd reply soon. Nico glanced at the time and realized almost an hour had passed. She glanced at her notifications to see if Maki had texted her saying she was going to be home later. But there was nothing, so Nico sent a text asking just that.

In that time, Honoka had texted everyone and said that her and Tsubasa were now officially dating. Everyone sent some form a congratulations to her. Nico noted that Maki hadn't read the conversation since she didn't reply.

Nico was growing a bit worried as she still received no response. She decided to try calling. But, much to her dismay, she heard Maki's phone ring from upstairs, showing she hadn't taken it with her.

"Calm down, Nico. She probably just decided to stop somewhere and look at things. She'll be home soon." Nico tried to convince herself.

She soon went to bed, hoping she'd hear that door open soon. But, by midnight, it was very clear something was wrong. Maki hadn't come back yet. Nico forced herself to get some rest and worry about it in the morning. There wasn't anything she could do this late anyway.